“Needs Some Attention to Cleanliness”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed here with my child for an event in Rochester. The hotel was easy to get to with lots of shopping & restaurants in the vicinity. Unfortunately, the hotel shows signs of wear and it was not as clean as I expect a Holiday Inn to be. Maid service had occurred in the room but it was not 'clean'. The carpet around the perimeter of the room was filthy, as well as the desk chair and bench. Common areas of the hotel also had a 'just barely cleaned' appearance. We checked in at 4pm and there were still breakfast dishes in the hallway from room service. I used the business center at 9am and there was an empty beer container in there from the previous night! This is just not good enough.

The staff were very friendly, especially the breakfast personnel. The pool area was very nice but it had no hot tub.

I would not choose to saty in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PTWife
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for informing us of where we can improve. We have listened to your concerns/comments posted and have created a new system of keeping our hallways free of dishes. We also have revised our deep cleaning procedures to ensure we do not miss anything. We appreciate your review and hope you give us a chance again to see the changes we have made. Thank you.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I normally stay at Hampton Inns, but the one in this area of Rochester is now a La Quinta, so I chose the Holiday Inn instead. The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to lots of shopping and restaurants. The room was clean and quiet, including a fridge and microwave. I was impressed to see extra coffee in the little condiment organizer - now that most hotels are using the "one cup at a time" in-room coffee dispensers, it's lucky if you get two regular coffee packets (how many times has there just been decaf!) - but there were three regular and two decaf here! I was tickled - coffee is important!! I also smiled when I saw the full-size (8-1/2 x 11) Holiday Inn notepad on the desk - very nice. Little details matter when you spend a lot of time living in hotels - in this room the ironing board was new and quiet to operate (no loud SCREEEECH that I've come to expect from most hotel ironing boards), and the iron had a convenient pull-retract cord. The bed was comfortable, and of course the famous showerhead was nice to wake up to. As I showered, I imagined a new Holiday Inn TV commercial - a bunch of sleepy, slow-witted salesmen around a table, all presenting their product to a buyer - the only bright-eyed energetic one stayed at the Holiday Inn and got to have extra coffee and a great shower!! Of course, he walks away with the order....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for this great review and like the attention of detail noticed that we have exceeded your expectations. Coffee is very important to most of our guests and have 24 hour coffee available in lobby as well. Our showers heads are top notch and glad you appreciate that as well. Thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay was.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We had a wonderful family getaway at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Rochester, NY. We had a single overnight in a king suite with a Jacuzzi tub, and our family (2 parents, 2 6-year-old girls) enjoyed ourselves immensely! We were given a room near the swimming pool which was very convenient, and the Jacuzzi tub in our room was enjoyed by all. Free DVDs from the front desk was a lovely touch, and the king bed was big enough for all of us to spend the evening watching a movie.

At breakfast on Sunday morning we were impressed with the made-to-order omelettes and waffles (full breakfast buffet was included in the room rate). The young man working the egg station was very busy, but kept his cool and made delicious products! The star of the morning was our server, Lisa. She gave our twin daughters special attention, helped them find just the right treat for breakfast, and then brought them special gift bags for our trip home (bottled water, chips, and some mints). The girls were thrilled, and we really appreciated the special treatment.

We will definitely book this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate you taking valuable time to let us know how your stay was. We look forward to accommodating your family again and be very glad to meet you as well. Thank you and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I would like to start out by saying the staff is great at this Holiday Inn. I do a lot of traveling for my company and I call this place my second home. When I'm assigned to the Rochester are I make sure I stay at this hotel. The front desk and all of management are friendly and make sure you are satisfied. The bar tender has a lot of knowledge of the Rochester area and will guide you to anywhere you need to go. Even though there is construction near by it does not effect the quality. Sincerely BERT!

• Stayed: August 2010
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2011

Thank you Bert for this wonderful review of our hotel and service we provided. The construction has moved on from here and now is better with more lanes added. We appreciate your repetitive business and look forward to seeing you sometime soon. Thank you.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stay here every time I'm in Rochester. Rooms are comfortable and clean, pool is fine, and the breakfast is the best I have had - waffles to die for and omelets of your choice - SUPERB!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

I would like to Thank You again for your valuable time on writing this review. I really look forward on meeting you upon your upcoming arrival. We really appreciate your feedback and letting us know how we are doing.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I was so impressed by this hotel, I feel driven to leave a review. We have travelled a moderate amount, and have stayed at numerous hotels/motels/inns, etc. Never have we received such consideration and respect from hotel staff! I had a medical emergency, and required assistance with a few things, and due to my stay in the hospital and subsequent inability to travel, needed to stay a couple of extra nights at this Holiday Inn. Management was very understanding, and swiftly accomodated us. The staff were beyond gracious, and went way above their usual duties to not only render basic assistance, but to accomodate us in every way imaginable. The breakfast was just fine (unlike what I've read in other reviews here), in fact, far better than most, but one must remember that things are not always "perfect;" e.g., sometimes a little patience needs to be excercised when everyone wants breakfast at the same time! Because I was unable to get my own breakfast, one particular employee brought breakfast up to me, and showed me such kindness, I am still absolutely blown away. Our room was nicely appointed, very comfortable, and very clean (especially important to us!!). Even though the hotel was fully booked with people attending R.I.T. orientation, the place seemed well insulated, and was never noisy. While all staff was respectful, sensitive to our needs, and exceptionally accomodating, I would be remiss if I failed to mention and thank one very special staff member named Lisa-thank you Lisa. I very highly recommend this hotel, something I don't say lightly. Thank you, Holiday Inn Marketplace!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
manojfl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

All I can say to this review is WOWZEE!!! I am very happy that you had the best stay ever. This is appreciated and no words to respond to this review. Thank you Thank you Thank you for writing this. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Again, THANK YOU!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

Great rooms, very clean. I stay here quite often and this hotel is near everything, movie theater,mall,shopping and tons of nearby restaurants. This Holiday Inn has the best free breakfast, fresh made omlettes, waffles and real sausage and bacon. Lisa the host made my day, bright and cheerful staff make you feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response and great review. We really do try and be very price comparable to similar types of hotels in this area. We do include many amenities that no hotels offer to make up for any little difference that there may be. Free Breakfast, Free Manager Reception (drinks/apps) for PC Members, Fridge/Micro all rooms, DVD players all rooms with free movie rentals, free parking, free high speed internet, etc. I really hope this will not drive you to another hotel, because it will not be the same. I want your business forever and hope to meet you soon. Thank you for taking time for this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Rochester
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace? Share your experiences!