Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Auburn New York
“Just Okay.”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my husband for a nice 1 night getaway from our children. Ashley, the girl who checked us in could not have been more rude. She was wearing a low cut, very inappropriate shirt and and she acted like everyone around her was incompetent. When I called down later that night about loud noise, she told me that she was not going to come to my room, for the fear of her safety. That made me feel very uncomfortable. Other than this bad apple, the hotel was amazing, the rooms were nice and there is a great Authentic Mexican Restaurant in the hotel. The morning checkout was easy, the people at the desk were professional looking and kind.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AubrnMamma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Albany NY
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed on a Saturday night. For the stay, I redeemed a free night through Priority Awards and was given a room at the furthest possible point away from the lobby. It was next to a stairwell, but the room was not noisy because of it. Beds were extraordinarily comfy. Free DVD rental at the desk--from a relatively extensive catalog. The DVD remote did not work and a dvd was stuck in the machine--not to be extricated--before we left. the desk clerk said not to worry-- "it happens ALL the time". Continental b'fast--FREE to priority club members did not start until 8am on sunday.. we needed to leave earlier, so had to go to nearby denny's. For dinner, there are many restaurants that are nearby, but not walkable--the desk clerk advised us against walking anywhere, citing the lack of sidewalks and the general disregard for pedestrians by area motorists. We dined in and ate at the hotel's mexican restaurant.. serviceable, but not spectacular mexican microwaved ("caution, the plate is hot") fare. I would rate this 3 and half if I could, but given the constraints of the rating system, I'll be generous and bump it up to 4.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AlbanyDave
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Once we took our 8 year old daughter to Rochester for the Our Body the Universe Within exhibit and stayed at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a suite with a pull out couch. It had a mini fridge, microwave, "kitchen sink", a table and chairs - lovely. My daughter loved the pool and had a great time there. Breakfast was good and the waitstaff was friendly. The second time it was just my husband and me. We stayed in the jucuzzi sweet. I had a test the following day so we weren't able to take advantage of the hotel too much, but again it was a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Most of the staff was good. But one person (lets call her E) billed the wrong credit card. This was despite our telling her 3X to put it on the other card AS IT WAS HANDED TO HER.

We had a noise in the refrigerator and it was promptly repaired by the manager who replaced a part himself. That was Impressive! Very personable.

But our in-laws where in a room under the laundry and noise from the dryer cycling disturbed them on and off for the whole weekend. "E" put them in this room despite my request for the best room in the house. In my opinion “E” should be working in the laundry and have nothing to do with customers!

I called the front desk to request a flat pillow because all of the eight pillows in the room were really thick. I was told by the desk person that this was the only type of pillow. I think it was “E” again. Coincidently I open the door and housekeeping was working on an adjacent room. They immediately said they would put a flat pillow in the room. I guess it was a case of a single bad apple.

• Liked — The manager
  • Disliked — Front desk person (See review)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
manojfl, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, March 30, 2009
"E" is no longer working at our hotel. This is not the usual customer service that we strive for. As you can see from the other reviews, we are a nice hotel and try to give our guests the feeling of being home.
New York
Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel gets a lot of things right. I don't know if it is new or just remodeled, but it has all of the amenities I expect out of a good hotel for a family stay. We stayed here recently for a getaway weekend with the children. With young kids, we like having a microwave and fridge in the room, and a heated indoor pool is a must. Nice touches were the lap desk and the free in-room wireless internet. While my wife and I don't take work on these family getaways, we use the Internet extensively for local research into restaurants and sites to see. No free breakfast, but in reality, the free breakfasts at most hotels aren't enough to fuel a family for an active day. I want the light, quick breakfast when I travel for business, but with the family, we go to Denny's or something like that to carb-load for the day. The staff were helpful and responsive when we needed things.

• Liked — Range of amenities
  • Disliked — Overall room size a bit snug, e.g., small closet
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Horseheads, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2008

This hotel was very clean, quiet and comfortable. We only stayed one night and left very early so we didn't use many of the ammenities. But, as far as a clean, comfortable bed and room for the night, it fit the bill. The price was also very competitive for this area of Rochester. It is also conveniently located near some shopping and restaurants and is close to the highway and Strong Memorial Hospital.

• Liked — The quiet and clean room
  • Disliked — The room was a little small but not uncomfortably so.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Stayed here for a night on my way to pick up a friend arriving late from the airport in the city and I couldn't have been more impressed. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff and a very affordable nightly rate were the first things I encountered. This is a newly refurbrished Holiday Inn and they show before and after pictures in the lobby as you enter (this hotel was previously a Ramada Inn).
The room was top notch, spotless and immaculate. The bed especially was extremely comfortable. Hawthorne's, the in hotel restaurant, serves some great food and the room service was prompt and excellent.
Be advised that the hotel doesn't have it's liquor licence as of yet (July 2007) but not to worry as the adjacent restaurant, The Roadhouse, offers two for one beers every night of the week.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Handoverfist11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace? Share your experiences!