“Top notch service”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Wellsville, New York
“Top notch service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

As far as hotels go, the Holiday Inn in Henrietta gets two thumbs up. Every employee that we encountered, from check in at the front desk, to John the shuttle driver, Maggie at the bar, to Kim, Dominique and Louis manning the omelet station at breakfast were personable, accommodating and truly made one feel "at home". These are people who genuinely like their job, and they do it well. Strong, supportive management is what makes this happen. My family and I make frequent overnight trip to Rochester and the Holiday Inn is the ONLY place we will stay. Please valuable the above mentioned employees -- they help you look GREAT.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out the service at the Holiday Inn on Jefferson Rd was exceptional! The young woman (Anna I believe) was so kind, sweet and helpful. The table side service given to us by Lisa for breakfast made us feel like we at home around our dining room table. Lisa made us feel not like guests but like family! She was simply amazing! The food which was prepared by Luis was excellent. We will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time we are visting our family in Rochester!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although there was one downside I enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. The front desk team was friendly and efficient, recognized my IHG membership/status, and the room I got was spacious and nice (note: upgraded to a suite). Breakfast the next morning was really good with Luis on the omelette station and Lisa serving the room.

The only downside is that the upholstered furniture (sofa and chairs) in the room were stained and needed to be deep cleaned. I would have rated "Excellent" if not for this.

Overall though, based on the hotel and people, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Upon check in, the lobby was beautiful and welcoming. The gentleman at the front desk was very polite, welcoming, and knowledgeable about area attractions, shopping, etc. Being IHG members, we were given a complimentary buffet style dinner and two complimentary drinks from the bar upon arrival. That was nice! The room was clean and well stocked, and was much larger than we anticipated. There was even a pull out bed in the couch in the living space of the suite. We were very comfortable during our stay. We enjoyed complimentary breakfast the next day with a manned omelet station. Some of the other food was a little cold, but the omelets and waffles were hot. The hostess, Lisa, was very welcoming and engaged all the guests as if she knew them. Juan cooked the food to order as we waited and it was great. Check out was fast and efficient, as we received our receipt ahead of time. All we had to do was turn in the keys. I did not however get credited my points on my rewards member account. I would have thought the front desk employee would have reminded or asked us upon check out if we were members, but she didn't and I forgot to mention it.

Room Tip: We had a jacuzzi suite and it was great for a couples get away. I recommend asking for a room that...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here when I was up to visit a family member who goes to school in the area. The room was in a great condition and the front desk was very quick and professional. The big winnner here and the reason why I will be back is the awesome service you receive during breakfast. All I have to say is.... wow. Immediately we were greeted by a server named Lisa. She has that award winning personality that makes you believe for a second you've known this person your whole life. Its a tough skill to develop. She is a champ and does it well. Also, to top it off, the food cooked by the big guy, Luis, was great. My friend is a vegetarian , so Luis was extra courteous about not letting any evil meat particles in her omelette. Lets not forget this is a free complimentary breakfast. FREE. Thanks Holiday Inn, Lisa, and Luis. The best.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to engage the room's climate control unit. Unless you prefer being lazy and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hello there, I normally stay in this hotel during my trips to the USA for work. It is a pleasant stay always and in the morning, I always have Juan prepare my omelet, which is lovely. Also Lisa is fantastic, nice and friendly! So great hotel, great staff!

Room Tip: pick room 235
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel was wonderful. Got upgrade to suite which is great with two teenagers, more space is always good. Location is good for restaurants and location to hwy for access to the outlets in Waterloo. Also received complimentary dinner - which included salad, bread sticks, pasta(tomato and alfredo with chicken and broccoli) meatballs and dessert. Breakfast also included, Lisa and Juan where great. Hostess Lisa is friendly and attentive with her guests. Juan runs the omelette + waffle bar and makes a mean omelette! Also includes juice, toast, yogurt, fruit salad, cereals, muffins, bacon and sausage!! Wow we will stay again.....:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family