“I would stay again”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
“I would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Everything was fine but the drain for the tub. It drained slower than the water coming from the shower meaning you had to stand in your own soapy water. Other than that, the room was clean as was the pool area. The free hot breakfast was a real bonus and the chef makes a great omelet. From the hotel you can walk to restaurants and shops so it is well situated. In the morning a staff member was cleaning the grounds too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Visions_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write this review. We appreciate you giving us a chance to show you the improvements of addressing the issue of the drain and other areas of our hotel. We sincerely apologize and glad the rest of your stay was great. It is very convenient to many restaurants to choose from and a great area and please stay with us again. Thank you for your repeat business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Marketplace for 2 nights while attending the PGA Championships at Oak Hill Country Club. The hotel was conveniently located near event parking so it worked well for the occasion. Check-in staff were very friendly and as loyalty members we received a welcome bag which contained a bottle of water, a granola bar and some chips. We were on the 3rd floor in a King Suite. The room was laid out well with a decent sized living room/kitchen area and separate bedroom and bathroom. The furniture is showing its age and was quite stained, but was otherwise comfortable.

In the evening we were invited to attend the manager’s reception at the bar which included a free drink (well drinks, a few varieties of beer and red/white wine). A small buffet was also included and for free it was fine (basically a salad bar), but not really enough to make an entire meal in my opinion. The breakfast on the other hand was AMAZING! As other reviews have mentioned, the wait staff could not have been friendlier and the omelet chef was terrific. I had one of the best Belgian waffles I’ve ever had. Breakfast should not be missed.

Overall this location worked well for the event we were attending. We had a AAA discount, but event rates were still higher than we would have liked. If you can get a good rate, it’s a fine hotel for this class, but the furniture could use some updating. I would definitely recommend the suite for the additional space.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the suite for the additional space.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are in process of replacing all the furniture that needs attention. Thank you for your valuable time and hope you will stay with us again and see the changes including an exterior and pool renovations and of course the furnishings that you spoke about. We have a great location for the PGA Championship and was a great week to see so many happy people having fun. Thank you for your business and please come see us.
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My elderly parents and I stopped here overnight while driving from Boston to Michigan. From the first phone call to the front desk (I always recommend calling the front desk as opposed to the 800 number), Scott was very pleasant and helpful, not requiring me to give him my credit card number (I was in a service area and was nervous about giving my number out loud). The room was spotless, the beds and linens extremely comfortable. Best of all, the breakfast! Luis was the amazing omelet/waffle chef and was friendly and an amazing multitasker. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. Only one small thing - the room was small for three adults, with only one chair, but that was extremely minor. Highest recommendation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ont.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and a couple of buddies stayed here for the PGA Championship and were pleasantly surprised about the hotel. The room was great, location to Oak Hill was close, there was a free shuttle to the parking lot, free wifi and best of all... free breakfast!

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, and typically the free breakfast is nothing to call home about. This one was different. A full buffet, an omelette station and everything else you would want at breakfast. On top of that, they had some of the nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered working there. Luis and Lisa were awesome. Their genuine enthusiasm really made a difference and made our stay more enjoyable, something that is pretty rare these days.

If I ever find myself back in Rochester, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just stayed here for the PGA Championship and were impressed with the facilities, rooms, and location. It is centrally located with easy access to the highway, restaurants and shopping. In addition, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful with any questions we had. The highlight of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. Whatever you wanted for breakfast was available. The breakfast was made ever more enjoyable because of the service and skill of Lisa and Luis. They made the breakfast experience extremely enjoyable. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Millville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here when first visiting the campus 2-3 years ago and were hooked from then on. It is central to most anything you want. Eating, shopping and most anything else are only minutes away. The best part of this facility though is the staff and the breakfast. Lisa and Luis at the breakfast are the ONLY way to start your day. Lisa is friendly and makes you feel right at home. Luis makes the best omelets ever. The only downside to this is that you had better get there early or you're going to be waiting, but it is worth the wait. Many hotels could learn a thing or two by coming here and seeing this exceptional service.

The only negative part of the hotel is the mattress. It kills our backs for some reason.

Room Tip: We have stayed in multiple locations at this facility and none have been better or worse than anothe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Located on a busy street called Jefferson Road, I just happened to be in the area during the PGA! The parking lot had several silver Mercedes with the PGA logo on the door..these cars are all over the city!

The Good:
The location. Jefferson road is a main drag in Heneritta and there is lots nearby.

My room was an executive suite. Nice. The bathroom was spacious but was missing a full length mirror (I'm telling you, a girl needs a full length when getting ready), and a smaller wall mounted magnified mirror (AND a girl needs this to apply makeup). My room had a kitchen but absolutely NO utensils. What good is it is to have a kitchen, sink, microwave and no utensils? That is something for management to answer..... While that was a pain, I still liked the room size and bathroom. Those were pluses.

The bad:
The pillows suck! Or at least the ones in my room do. When you walk in all the pillows are arranged beautifully on the bed with cute little labels of: Soft or firm, the fact of the matter is they all feel the same (lumpy) and you can tell they've been through the washing machine & dryer and they are warped messes that don't feel soft or firm. No one would choose a pillow named "Lumpy" right??

I checked in early, really early like 11:00 when check in time was 3PM. I knew my room wouldn't be ready but a girl can always hope, right? I asked the front desk guy to CALL ME when the room was ready and I didn't mean maybe! He took my number and said he would. Well..he didn't. So, I was left to roam the local mall waiting for a call that never came. Good for Macy's, but bad for Holiday Inn because I'm NOT writing about Macy's right now am I?

When I finally checked in, the NEW cute front desk guy apologized for not calling me (he said he was completely unaware of the request to call me), and upgraded by room because of my inconvenience. Cute & responsive. What ever girl wants right? Nice! Just need to pass that along to the other shifts....

Breakfast: No grab n'go. Sit down ONLY! I wanted a coffee & some fruit and they wanted to charge me for the cheapest sit down meal ($9.95) and who wants to pay that for a coffee and banana? Not this KC Girl!!

Summary:
I really can't complain too much. It's a very busy week in the Rochester area with the PGA happening in town (and let's be honest here, the upgrade is what is saving them in this review).

My room is a spacious, clean and the bathroom is better than some 5 star hotels I've been in. Above all, I appreciate that it's quite. I'm here on business & not family time so no screaming kids is GREAT for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace? Share your experiences!