Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Maryland
“fine”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in a "jacuzzi suite". It was okay. It was clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is located on a road that consists of strip mall after strip mall, so is not very scenic. The room itself was odd (but clean). The jacuzzi was in the master bed room. There is no door between the master bed room and the living room. So if you have kids staying in the living room, you can not really use the jacuzzi. The sofa bed was not the highest quality, and it was not made up by the staff. They suggested we make it up ourselves, so we did. The breakfast was free, which was good. The omlettes were good. However, the muffins were of the lowest possible quality, which is odd in a city with lots of excellent, cheap baked goods. There was no closet in the master bed room, just a tiny one near the door, which led into the living room. But, it was clean, well maintained, and quiet. Nothing bad, just odd. I had the feeling that the room was retrofit, and wasn't really designed to be a "jacuzzi suite".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The night before I stayed here, I stayed at the Hilton in Niagara Falls. What I got there for $175 was far superior to what I got at the Holiday Inn for the same price. I understand that this is only a 3 star hotel, but that being said it should be priced like one. The rooms are dark and small, the pillows are even smaller, and my baby niece kept picking up little plastic pieces from the carpet. On a positive note, the staff was very nice and there is free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jennie B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness and the room condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in July. After leaving and travelling to Canada I realized I'd left brand new $300 headphones behind in hotel. Phones very late at night and they confirmed they'd been found. Next day I contacted again as arranged, they took address of hotel I was headed to next in manhattan, and posted them along. Duly received in NYC .. all very professionally packaged etc. Full marks, and big thank you.

Room Tip: ask about the 2 room suites.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The wait staff and cook staff gave excellent service and they are very considerate and friendly. My family enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn marketplace in Rochester, NY because of Lisa and Luis excellent service. Kudos to them!

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A decent hotel to stay at that I would recommend to my friends. My wife and I decided to get away for a few days and decided to try this place after reading several reviews.

Hotel and room was clean. Staff was great from check-in and to check-out.

My wife decided to do the pool on two different occasions but I opted not too. It is an average pool area that was hot to me, but my wife said the water was cold. So I sat in waited for her in the inside heat (That's what husbands do).

Each morning there was a free breakfast buffet that consisted of fruit, yogurt, toast, cereals, juices, coffee, sausage, potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs,muffins, pastries, and waffles and a omelet station that was staffed by a great gentleman by the name of Luis, who made the omelets according to your desire. We also had a wonderful young lady by the name of Lisa that was our server, who was attentive, cheerful, friendly and helpful.

Being part of priority club helped as well, since every evening, Monday-Thursday is a manager's reception that includes a free buffet dinner and 1 free drink. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have always left hotels indifferent to our stay there. This is the first time that a hotel has left such an impression on us. The gentleman who checked us in when we arrived was such a pleasure to talk to. He asked us about our reason for visiting and seemed truly interested in what we were doing. When we saw him the next day, he remembered what we had told him we were doing and asked us how our day had been. But, what really pushed our visit over the top was the restaurant staff. Lisa was one of the most lovely and genuine people to talk to. She ran the breakfast room like a well oiled machine and took the time to talk to everyone there. She was so sweet to my children, and asked them how their trip was going and what they were doing. The next morning at breakfast she asked them about their trip to the zoo (we mentioned the previous day that we were going there) and took care of us as if we were her own family. When we checked out of the hotel, she gave my children little snack bags with chips, water, and a treat in them for their car ride. Luis was also wonderful. He worked non-stop to make everyone omelets and waffles to order. What a wonderful experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Every hotel should have Lisa and Luis! Their caring,talent etc. makes everyone who walks into the dining room feel welcome and comfortable, not to mention full! The entire staff has always been tremendous each time I've been there. The hotel is approximately 15 miles away from where I visit but there is NO OTHER HOTEL WHERE I'D RATHER BE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace? Share your experiences!