“Home Suites 2 is a Winner”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
West Bloomfield, United States
“Home Suites 2 is a Winner”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Newest strategy is a winner all around. Great design, Great services, value priced. there is a curtain which you can pull that divides the bed from the rest of the suite. A nice touch when working or eating, or having visitors. The bed was great. the appliances included a full size refrigerator.

4 Thank Daniel R
Home2SuitesManager, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Daniel R,
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel! We are very pleased you enjoyed the design and the value for money paid at our property. We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you visit Rochester. Have a wonderful day!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Warnerville NY
Reviewed March 23, 2014

As a HIlton Diamond, I have tried virutally all "brands" under the Hilton banner. I was a bit concerned that the Home2 Suites would be college dorm-esque and not up to the level of a Hilton Garden Inn, where most of my stays find me.

I could NOT have been more wrong.

The Home2 Suites are a brilliant concept by Hilton. Clean lines, very European in feel, the suite design is sheer perfection. There is a kitchenette with a FULL size fridge, microwave and dishwasher. A small two-burner induction unit is available if you are one who cannot use a microwave (folks with pacemakers, for example). The bathroom is bright and clean, and here is where you begin to see the Home2's devotion to green and eco-balanced. Instead of the tiny little bath items one usually finds in hotels, there are dispensers in the shower. Far more sensible! The sofa can be separated from the bed area by a curtain, giving far more privacy if two people are sharing the suite than a common king bed room with sofa bed in other hotels. There is a wall of shelving, desk, open closet space. I wanted to take it HOME with me!

Breakfast is somewhere between a Hampton and an HGI. The quality of the food is extremely good, with more healthful items than are found at a Hampton. The staff member who was manning the breakfast area was sweet, fast, and unobtrusive. If you needed something, she was gone and back with it in five seconds flat.

The staff, at least at the Rochester property, is superb. Not a question, not a problem that they do not JUMP to solve. Kudos especially to Sarah at the front desk for introducing me to all the wonderfulness at Home2 has to offer.

By the time I left, the Home2 had leapt to the top of my list of Hilton brands. There are very few in the US (more's the pity!) but if one comes to an area where you are visiting or doing business, put it at the top of your list.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Traveling_Psychic
Dear Traveling Psychic,
Thank you so much for writing a review about our property! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that Sarah was especially helpful! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Rochester area, Thank you and have a great day!

Irvine, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great hotel, never knew that Hilton had a line of hotel that is similar to the Element by SPG. The hotel is great for business traveler's home away from home or vacationing with family and kids. It come with modern decor with all the perks and more.

4 Thank George L
Dear George L,
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel! I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel's concept and our amenities. We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you visit the Rochester area. Thank you and have a great day!

Assistant General Managaer
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Firstly, Melissa at the counter was excellent to deal with - very personable and still professional.

I stayed two nights for a business trip. In general, all was fairly good. It is more on the 'budget' side so manage your expectations accordingly.

I liked that everything was eco-friendly - REAL dishes and not styrofoam for the breakfast area, shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower rather than using potentially millions of plastic bottles and soaps over the life of the hotel. The shades blacked out all light so I could sleep in and the TV is one of the best I have seen in any hotel - and I have stayed at quite a few. The gym was not huge but whoever picked the equipment knew what they were doing - free weights, a few cardio machines and a cable machine - with this stuff you can do literally anything. There are also a couple computers for use by anyone - this was handy since I only had my smartphone with me. There was FREE laundry! No nickel and dime funny business here! The bed was very good - not the best I've ever slept in but pretty darn good.

There was also a lot I didn't like. It was somewhat loud - I have no idea why but the doors are designed to slam shut rather than just close. You have to catch it before it slams if you want to be courteous. Unfortunately most people are not so courteous.

There are a few other small annoyances - like the hanging mugs in the kitchen area making noise when you are just walking around the room and for some reason in the main lobby area they put a higher than counter-height bar within inches of where everyone gets food for breakfast. I have no problem with the community-style eating but please make some room so people can actually get food without bumping into one another or having to step out of the way. Also, I don't really see the point of a desk in every room that slides out. Why not just get rid of it and leave the office chair at the counter under which the desk stows?

Overall, I would consider going back.

Room Tip: stay on the end farthest from the elevator.
3 Thank goalie82
Dear Goalie82,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to hear Melissa was able to assist you efficiently! We have been working with our maintenance department to adjust all of our guest room doors so they no longer slam or are heavy to push open. I apologize for that inconvenience and hope it does deter you from staying with us again in the future! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Rochester area! Thank you and have a great day!

SIncerely,
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The family was there for state hockey playoffs and found the Home2 to be very easy to work with. We needed to check in after 8pm, which was not a problem, and check out after noon, again they were willing to work with that. They allowed our group to congregate in the lounge and bring our own food and drinks.

The sheets were the softest I've ever slept in-I wish I had them at home and the towels plentiful. The mini kitchen was useful to keep our leftovers from the very close restaurants and the "green" philosophy was refreshing. Definitely a place to stay.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank SonjaV1
Dear SonjaV1,
Thank you very much for writing a review about our hotel! We are very pleased to know we were able to accommodate you as best as possible. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future! Thank you and have a great day!

upstate New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this new hotel and would not be my last. The staff is friendly and helpful . The rooms are spacious and clean with a mini kitchen. Bed was very comfortable. I did not find the hotel loud as another reviewer commented. Breakfast was average although nice to have hard boiled eggs. The exercise room has nice variety of equipment all with personal tvs.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank bikerhiker08
Dear Bikerhiker08,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and will be staying with us again in the future! We look forward to serving you then and hope you have a great day!

St Louis area, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything I need to stay a month or two for a three night stay. Very nice, and best price of all the major hotel chains. Brand new everything and the fitness room was laid out great. Free laundry? This is great! Close to everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

4 Thank Jocelyn A
Dear Jocelyn A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel We are very pleased to hear you found our hotel to be great and they really enjoyed your accommodations. We look forward to serving you the next time you visit the Rochester area.