“Great location near RIT”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was most impressed by the breakfast lady, she was so pleasant and helpful, area was spotless, food great. I would stay here again. Beds very comfortable, slept extremely well, which is hard in hotels. Staff friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fairly new hotel in an excellent location, near airport, University of Rochester, large shopping mall, and many, many restaurants. Nice pool, decent fitness center for this kind of hotel, comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was okay, not great. Flat screen TV and wireless internet in rooms worked very well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Neil R
Kimberlie M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed taking care of you and your family while you were here. We'll count on seeing you back here on your next trip to Rochester!

Kimberlie

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here on business on 4/9/14. As a Diamond member, I try to stick with the Hilton brand and the Hampton properties specifically. I've previously stayed at the Doubletree around the corner on Jefferson. I have to say, when I am in the area again, I will choose this property, even over the Doubletree. It was spotless, appeared to be newer, easy to find and easily accessible to Fed Ex Office, Starbucks and the highway. One of the most pleasant things I didn't expect was a wonderful associate named Elizabeth in the breakfast area. She made the start of my day with her pleasant personality and willingness to help me with anything I needed. As I was picking out my yogurt, she asked, "Did you find your favorite flavor? If not, I can get it for you". It's those kind of little touches that make an otherwise routine travel schedule, feel a little more personal. I can easily see why this property is rated #1 in Henrietta.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Kimberlie M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Elizabeth is certainly a wonderful asset to our team, and I will be sure to share your comments with her! We will see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Let me preface this with the fact that we love staying at Hampton Inns. They have the most comfortable beds and a great continental breakfast. When we arrived at this one on Clay Road in Henrietta, the hallways and rooms were freezing cold. It was in March in Rochester, so it was very cold outside. We called about it and it was suggested to us to turn up our heat. The next day (and our remaining four days) it was extremely hot in both the hallways, and the room. We called the front desk multiple times after being unable to sleep in the stuffy rooms. The front desk staff advised us how to turn the AC unit on and up, which did not work. We contemplated buying a portable fan, and just leaving it in the room when we left, since it would not fit in our luggage. On our final night they addressed the problem and comped us the previous night, and upgraded us to a suite, explaining they had some HVAC issues that were fixed. That night was not much better than the others, even with a bigger room. Our only other gripe was the beds. We love Hampton's beds, and both rooms we stayed in had awful, hard beds. I don't know if they didn't upgrade them previously and they are old, or they went cheap on these. On a positive note, the staff was very nice, and the continental breakfast was wonderful! Unless something happens, we will not be staying there again, though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We did unfortunately experience some heating and cooling issues when you were here that have since been serviced.

I apologize that our beds were not as comfortable as you are used to. The Hampton Inn brand is focused on consistency throughout all of their properties which is why every Hampton Inn has the same type of mattress and box spring. Being that we are a brand new hotel, all of our beds are new, but perhaps that is why they felt a bit firm to you.

Please know that your feed back is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Arrived and it started snowing. However there were some great restaurants/bars in very close walking distance which was great. There was heavy snow so the shuttle driver did not make it in/or would be late the following morning. The check-out lady jsu tsaid "No problem, I will take you" Outstanding service and as usual quite a nice breakfast. Glad I stopped there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our recent stay found a very clean hotel with friendly staff, ready to make our stay exceptional. The location was excellent with RIT (where we were visiting) very convenient. Plenty of restaurants to choose from within a half mile radius, and shopping too. Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great location for business travelers calling on Wegman's. Quick 10 minute drive. Friendly staff and great service. Free breakfast is nice, but could use an upgrade. Internet was free too, which was great! Will stay again for my next Wegman's meetings.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business