“Get the tofu”

Sticky Lips BBQ
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Henrietta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterford, New York
“Get the tofu”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you like tofu you will like theirs. More beer choices than 90% of other restaurants. Late live music is often good too.

Visited February 2014

Rochester, New York
1,950 restaurant reviews
“Another wonderful meal in a great BBQ restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really love Sticky Lips BBQ, and it is my favorite BBQ in Rochester. However, please note that (until they change the photo), the picture on this website is showing the Rochester (Culver Road) location, not the Henrietta location. Regardless, they both serve the same menu, and have the same GREAT food.

The Henrietta location (where we ate tonight) is huge, with several hi-capacity dining rooms. They are ornately decorated in everything soul, and just sing out the blues and great BBQ atmosphere. There is even a stage for live music in the lower dining room, where local group perform later in the evenings.

For dinner tonight, I had a BBQ'd salmon, which came out as a very large portion of succulent and really flavorful fish. It was advertised to be prepared in a mustard sauce, but I asked them to change it to a honey-based BBQ sauce and they gladly complied. It was wonderful, as were the sweet potato fries and the cole slaw. The hunk of corn bread is almost a meal in itself, and not ridiculously oily as it sometime is prepared. I loved everything about this meal (again!).

In short, this is one place that I find that I can get consistently superior food, and I will ALWAYS welcome the chance to eat here.

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
“Fantastic atmosphere, food okay”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Was not as good as last visit. Food was not hot. Portions did not seem as big as before. Service was very good. May have been an "off" day for the place. Surrounding are unique. On the night we visited it was old time silent movie night which were great to watch while eating.

• Visited February 2014
Jackson, Michigan
“A Second chance”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We heard this the place to go for a good barbeque and our hotel was next door. The food was ok, not as good as we would where meant to believe. My mashed potatoes where so bad I had to send them back, way to much garlic. Ordered the mac. and cheese and it was dry. The cornbread was very good and my chicken had great flavor and very moist. My husband got the ribs and loved them. His sides were also just ok. So the next time we are in town we are going to give them a second chance and try them again!

Visited January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dry ribs”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Dry as in the meat was dried out and not very good. Sides were below average as was the service. Additionally, they were out of several of the beer selection that were supposed to be on tap. You can definitely find better bar-b-q in Rochester.

Visited May 2013