“Love me some crab”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good stuff! Had a great meal, friendly staff and bartenders. Nice place. Almost went for a second entree cause it was so good!

1  Thank Tom H

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Food was great, service was great, price was affordable...LOVED the dance routines! We traveled 1 1/2 to go here. So worth the trip!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The employees are very friendly at Joe's Crab Shack. However, the food is less than desirable. My husband and I ordered the steam pot of queen crab. The crab & lobster were so over cooked they were rubbery. In addition, they were cold. My husband's sausage was not cooked all the way. The second sausage was not warm. The third sausage brought to him was Luke warm. If a restaurant cannot serve something as simple as sausage, do you want to eat their seafood? We will not be returning and we do not recommend eating at this restaurant.

3  Thank Kim V
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I guess this place is supposed to feel like a shack next to the water serving up fresh seafood, and it does. It feels like you are eating in a shack, complete with metal buckets and paper towel rack on the table. The atmosphere just doesn't do it for me for the price, but some people probably think its fun. Might also be better for families with kids, not for a date. I know crab is expensive but personally if I'm going to spend $25+ per meal I would like to be in a nicer setting, and there aren't really a selection of lower priced meals. Resembles more of a sit down hot dog joint. Food was decent, not amazing. Service was bad, messed up our order twice, and it took forever to get the check even though it wasn't busy. Waiters did a choreographed dance during the meal which was kind of fun. Next time I'll try "the Original Crab Shack" (locally owned) on East Henrietta, heard good things about it but have never been, Looks much nicer from the outside.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have to admit, I can't get my husband to visit any chain restaurants. He doesn't ever enjoy going to them or the food. We went on Good Friday since it's all about seafood and we were near it. To our suprise we order some great drinks at the bar and they weren't watered down. We then ordered our dinner which was a seafood steam pot cajun style for two with a side orders of crawfish. The crawfish was not on the menu but when I said I wish they came in to pot the waitress said that we could order them even though they weren't in the menu. Yeahhh! Everything was wonderful and the service was really good. The seafood was to perfection and we had tons of it. We will be back!