“Worst in Henrietta”

Add it.
Vista Heights Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed July 27, 2006

The first thing I noticed was how bad the room smelled. There aren't any non-smoking rooms and the smell wasn't just from smoke.

There was a wet spot in the corner of my room with mushrooms growing on the gross carpetted floor.

As if this weren't enough already, my room was broken into while I was out on a job interview because the maid didn't lock my door upon leaving my room (the locks are not electronic with key cards) Someone actually stole some of my clothes, and even some food I had just bought at Wegmans.

Do yourself a favor and sleep in your car over staying at this place.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mik476
RedCarpetINN, New Management at Vista Heights Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2006

New Management and newly Renovated Rooms
1st of all I would like to apologize. This hotel was under renovation for the past six months. we have many non-smoking rooms and all room have electronic locks. All the rooms are new, and equipped with thoughtful amenities including cable TV, free HBO and free local calls. Also hairdryers, irons/ironing boards, alarm clocks, microwaves and refrigerators are available on request, ideal for extended stay. We offer FREE HBO, FREE High- Speed Internet Access, FREE continental breakfast featuring waffles, sausage, bagels, breads, muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea, and an array of other choices. I can assure you can at newly renovated Red Carpet Inn you can count on a friendly welcome and comfortable, quality accommodations at an affordable price. Please come again and inspect if like to stay, we would offer the best rate in town Guaranteed.

A TripAdvisor Member
saint paul, mn
Reviewed May 28, 2006

If you want to help the cause, and make the owners realise that they need to re-think their approach to hotel business, then please, stay away from this inn. The place is dirty, with no working appliances and thin walls... The best part of it was that the owners acted suprised when we had brought all of those things to their attention. Anyways, we left at 2 am and slept in a parking lot, because the noise was unbearable... stay away.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RedCarpetINN, Public Relation Manager at Vista Heights Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2006

New Management and newly Renovated Rooms
1st of all I would like to apologize. This hotel was under renovation for the past six months. All the rooms are new, and equipped with thoughtful amenities including cable TV, free HBO and free local calls. Also hairdryers, irons/ironing boards, alarm clocks, microwaves and refrigerators are available on request, ideal for extended stay. We offer FREE HBO, FREE High- Speed Internet Access, FREE continental breakfast featuring waffles, sausage, bagels, breads, muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea, and an array of other choices. I can assure you can at newly renovated Red Carpet Inn you can count on a friendly welcome and comfortable, quality accommodations at an affordable price. Please come again and inspect if like to stay, we would offer the best rate in town Guaranteed.

Reviewed October 10, 2005

Could have been worse but even as a place just to catch some sleep and take off early in the morning this place left a LOT to be desired. The best feature was the TV with a good selection of cable channels. Everything else - furniture, fixtures, carpet, etc. - looked old & worn. Towels were small & thin. It didn't help that only smoking rooms were available. The smell didn't seem bad at first and I thought I could bring in some fresh air by running the fan/heater but it seemed to get worse as the night went on.
The two-bulb ceiling fixture had one dim bulb. The reading light over the bed had a burned-out bulb. Night clerk provided an oversized bulb which was OK except the shade didn't fit over it. A light over the table would have been nice.
There were two doors - one to parking lot, one to inner hall. Both had deadbolts that didn't work - weren't lined up with the holes. The peephole device had been removed from the door to the hall & the hole was stuffed with paper.
A flyer we picked up in the lobby specified free local calls. When I tried to dial a local number I got a busy signal as soon as I started dialing. Went back to the clerk, who said that calls were 40 cents and he needed a $5 deposit - until I showed him his flyer. He said he'd open the phone line - but I had to ask a second time before he did it. Whether he wanted to rip me off or just didn't know what he was doing, I cannot say.
I had spent the previous week sleeping in a tent on a thin piece of foam. The bed was about as comfortable. At least I had my own pillow.

• Stayed: October 2005