“Micro says it all”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed November 27, 2010

It was more like sleeping in a compartment. Really small and tight. I believe they did clean it once this year. Bed was comfortable but floors and ugh the bath was not clean at all. Their diner for free breakfast was really crap. Terrible coffee, terrible orange juice, hard to screw up a bagle, but they really do need to clean up at least once a week. If they clean more than that, they should fire the staff and start over. Will not return and will question if I ever stay at a Micromotel again. Had to take turns getting out of bed so we would not run into each other.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester

Reviewed October 30, 2010

The room has the ammenities that most motels have. The room was a little smaller than most motel rooms that I have stayed. Very clean and pleasant attmosphere. It was right in the middle of all the shops and stores. It was easy to find and great customer service!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was visiting the Rochester area for the weekend and stayed at this Microtel based on its location and the fact that it was within my price range. Overall, it was an okay place to sleep but was a bit expensive for what it was. When I first arrived, there were a couple of people (I'm assuming they were employees) smoking outside near the entrance. The person who checked me in was polite, but he was just wearing casual clothes (a t-shirt and jeans) and wasn't wearing appropriate work attire for someone on duty at a hotel.

No complaints about the room itself. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. I did get a good night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning was all right, but I was bummed that they didn't have the make-your-own Belgian waffles like a lot of other hotels have.

I would have been happier if the room rate was about $20 cheaper than what it was. I felt that it was maybe worth $70 for the night rather than $90. But I guess given the fact that most other hotels in the area were more expensive than that, I guess it was okay.

If you're looking for a no-frills place to stay and get a good night's, the Microtel is all right. Just don't expect a whole lot for what you're paying for.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The room which was small and smelled of urine and cigarette smoke ( non smoking). You get what you pay for and the price was cheap! I have stayed in countless crappy hotels all over the world and this hotel actually made me miss central Africa! Usually you are kept awake by other guests, this is the first time I was kept awake because of the noisy employees. Next time I will pay twice the price to stay elsewhere so I can get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I have stayed here many times and always found it to be a reasonable place. We booked 5 nights well in advance and the average price was $60/night, tax included (and phone calls to US and Canada are free). Nice breakfast room with reasonable selection.
Bathroom is getting a bit worn, but quite clean with lots of good towels.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have stayed at many different Microtels over the years, but this one has definitely seen better days. The room and bathroom were in desperate need of a complete makeover. The sheets, pillows, and pillowcases were old and needed to be replaced. If it had not been so late at night when I was checking in (and only staying for one night thank goodness!) I would definitely have turned around and found another place to stay. I would definitely not recommend staying at this hotel regardless of the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a quick visit to RIT. We arrived late, and were greeted by the front desk right away with a very quick, efficient and friendly check-in. The clerk answered all our questions before we could even ask.

Our room was on the second floor and was small and clean. My husband did emphasize the "micro" portion of the name, but we were essentially there for 6 hours of sleep, so it didn't matter to us that we overlooked a parking lot or that there wasn't tons of space to hang out in the room. The free Wi-Fi was fantastic, the continental breakfast left something to be desired, but what can you say for a continental breakfast?

Over all the room was clean enough, I would say the shower could have used a bit of attention, and there was no shampoo (luckily we had brought our own). It was perfect for the short overnight stay we needed (basically showed up, went to bed, got up and left the next morning).

I would recommend this hotel for short (and super cheap) stays when you don't plan to spend much time hanging out in the room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple