“Could the employees be any louder at night?”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Rochester, New York
“Could the employees be any louder at night?”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The room which was small and smelled of urine and cigarette smoke ( non smoking). You get what you pay for and the price was cheap! I have stayed in countless crappy hotels all over the world and this hotel actually made me miss central Africa! Usually you are kept awake by other guests, this is the first time I was kept awake because of the noisy employees. Next time I will pay twice the price to stay elsewhere so I can get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Montreal
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I have stayed here many times and always found it to be a reasonable place. We booked 5 nights well in advance and the average price was $60/night, tax included (and phone calls to US and Canada are free). Nice breakfast room with reasonable selection.
Bathroom is getting a bit worn, but quite clean with lots of good towels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have stayed at many different Microtels over the years, but this one has definitely seen better days. The room and bathroom were in desperate need of a complete makeover. The sheets, pillows, and pillowcases were old and needed to be replaced. If it had not been so late at night when I was checking in (and only staying for one night thank goodness!) I would definitely have turned around and found another place to stay. I would definitely not recommend staying at this hotel regardless of the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a quick visit to RIT. We arrived late, and were greeted by the front desk right away with a very quick, efficient and friendly check-in. The clerk answered all our questions before we could even ask.

Our room was on the second floor and was small and clean. My husband did emphasize the "micro" portion of the name, but we were essentially there for 6 hours of sleep, so it didn't matter to us that we overlooked a parking lot or that there wasn't tons of space to hang out in the room. The free Wi-Fi was fantastic, the continental breakfast left something to be desired, but what can you say for a continental breakfast?

Over all the room was clean enough, I would say the shower could have used a bit of attention, and there was no shampoo (luckily we had brought our own). It was perfect for the short overnight stay we needed (basically showed up, went to bed, got up and left the next morning).

I would recommend this hotel for short (and super cheap) stays when you don't plan to spend much time hanging out in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Nice hotel with fairly small clean rooms. The front desk was efficient and frendly. The hotel lived up to all the good reviews. I travel with my husband all over and appreciate cleanliness and and quiet. They do have a second floor and at time you can hear other guests, but overall I enjoyed my stay and will be back at this hotel in the area if price remains the same.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Rochester
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed in a simple but clean room with all basic amenities, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. They didn't have an elevator but the gentleman at the counter offered me to give me a hand with the luggage. Overall the staff was very friendly and helped me with finding directions. Very recommendable motel given the price!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Recently stayed here solo for a quick overnighter for $50 +tax. I enjoyed and appreciated the very comfortable queen bed (one of the better beds I've experienced, even in more upscale motel/hotels), the great shower, the clean room, the good coffee and the basic breakfast. The room is very small but it more than adequately served my needs for the short stay. I gave this motel a "Very Good" rating because of the price and overall comfort.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo