“No Problems, Basic Motel”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Elmhurst, New York
“No Problems, Basic Motel”
Reviewed September 20, 2004

Left Toronto for New York City late on a Sunday, looked for a place that was inexpensive and AAA rated. Had a coupon from those hotel discount books you get at service areas. The Microtel had a $29.99 Sunday rate. Couldn't go wrong with that. The front desk clerk was friendly and check in was quick. The room was average size and clean. Bed was comfortable. I had reviewed the other comments on the hotel, but I did not encounter any of those problems. I did rent a non-smoking room. Usually smoking rooms tend not to be as clean as the nicotine builds up on everything. The breakfast was basic, bagels, donuts, juice, and coffee. The only negative comment is that they charge $1.00 for use of a safe I didn't even see none the less use. After mentioning this to the clerk, he took it off. But I wonder how many guests just pay it thinking it was just an extra charge. I would have given an extra star, but for the most I give this motel 3 1/2 stars.

2 Thank NY11373

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed March 2, 2004

May 2003 This hotel is disgusting, dirty and gross....we made reservations at this hotel. Upon arrival, we checked in and there wasn't anywhere to park! The staff told us if we were to leave and go shopping we might not have a place to park upon returning. We brought our luggage to the room, it was late at night and we were exhausted, the room smelled terrible (it was a smoking room) and we are smokers, however, MOST hotels have a ventilation system in which the room still smells nice. This does not! The bathroom light wasn't working and the window was open, there must have been a hole in the screen as there were mosquitoes flying around. We returned to front desk to request another room, they gave us another room, I was very tired from driving at this point, I went in the room, sat on the bed, and almost fell as there was a HUGE round circle in the bed with the springs broken so badly, it would have been like sleeping inside of a bowl! We requested a refund and left to go to another hotel. (Comfort Inn & Suites - very nice!)

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2003

Convenient location, VERY reasonable rates, clean & comfortable. For a place to sleep while passing through, these things mattered more than the size of the room (micro for sure) or the quality of the free continental bkfast (it's not fair to complain for free). Would choose it again under similar circumstances.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2003

We found the Microtel online, and reserved two rooms as the price couldn't be beaten ($39.95/room/night). Upon arriving at the motel, we found out why. As the name suggests, the rooms were quite small, but as the name did not hint at, they were also quite dingy. The morning of our departure, I requested some information on a local shopping mall from the inn staff. I found her to be extremely rude and abrupt, treating me as if I were an idiot for asking what time the local mall was due to open. As we were checking out, I pointed out an error in our bill. Our bill stated a price that was almost doubled what we had been quoted when making our online reservation. I was shown the same rude treatment as previously, and the staff didnt even apologize for the mistake.This stay was my first at a Microtel, and for many reasons, will also be my last.The Rochester area is quite beautiful, and the shopping is fantastic. It is a shame that treatment such as this marred an otherwise wonderful trip.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member