“Small but clean rooms”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Microtel - Rochester NY - Henreitta

After reading several other reviews about this Microtel I almost cancelled my reservation. My son and I were visiting RIT in Rochester and stayed at Microtel for two nights. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. The rooms were small but clean and the bed was comfortable . The continental breakfast was what you would expect; cereal (hot and cold), muffins, bagels, toast , juice, tea and coffee.

The outside of the microtel needed some landscaping work (many weeds) and that was my only complaint. The day I was leaving workers were pulling weeds and cleaning the flower beds.

Bottom line, I would definitely stay there again; excellent prices, good location and small but clean rooms.

Donna
Delaware

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2008

close to RIT for son's college visit; all that was avail when i booked 3 wks ahead were smoking rooms. i was staying by myself (son stayed in dorms) so i figured that i could put up w/ smell for one night. (i requested non-smoking on check in to see if there were any cancellations since i had booked, but still none were avail) i left all clothes for trip in car except for what i absolutely needed that eve and the next day.
the room itself was relatively clean (small, but adequate for my purpose - sleep). it did not have an overwhelming smoke smell, especially after i opened the window and went out for the evening. the only evidence that i was in a smoking room was when i returned from dinner and noticed the haze in the hallway.
the room stayed relatively smoke free and was not so bad after all.
i did have trouble connecting to wi-fi network in the evening, but had better luck in the am.
i would stay here again if on a trip to RIT, but only if traveling alone or w/ my wife - too small for family.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I have been to this hotel twice because of convenience. The first time was OK and the room was unimpressive to say the least. I also stayed last night to try it again and the rate was slightly higher but the room was nicer and more spacious (with window seat). All was ok except that the toilet randomly stopped working and then a used condom was found on the floor! (which was definitely not from me)

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Mizohys
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Stayed here with my daughter overnight after a concert nearby and got about what I expected for the low price. Had reserved ahead of time, and easy check-in and check-out. Smallish room with queen-sized bed. Mattress OK, pillows terrible little lumps, sheets thin but clean, blanket had a couple of burn holes. Bathroom a little worn but clean, towels thin but adequate. TV on top of wardrobe would be a little difficult if you were in the room watching it much, but my daughter didn't mind. Only the plumbing was noisy in our room, and two flushes required, but I wouldn't care to be near a door to any of the stairs as they closed loudly. Self-serve breakfast offered a variety of muffins, bagels, hot and cold cereals, cold and hot beverages. Hotel was easy to find, near restaurants, mall and main highways. Good for a business traveler on a budget, anyone who won't be spending much time in the room and isn't looking for luxury, and as my husband says "hotel rooms look the same when the lights are off." We used the money saved on a more expensive room to visit a restaurant we had enjoyed on a past visit.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2007

After hearing good things about this hotel we decided to book, because we figured we would not be in the room very much as it was Thanksgiving weekend. The lobby is plain, nothing to see. Upon check-in the staff was pretty nice, can't complain. We decided to see the room before we took our luggage up. Of which you need to walk outside to go to the second floor. It was absolutely awful, like something out of a horror movie. It smelled, there were cigarette burns on the bedspread and blanket. The washroom was old and deteriorating. The vaneer from the door was peeling off. Another door to an adjoining room would not close proplerly. We ended up going back down to the front desk, to advise them that we would not be staying there. This is when the friendly staff member that checked us in, suddendly became argumentative and rude. Needless to say we did get our money back. But because of that service, we will never stay at a Microtel again, and would definitely not reccomend it, even if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C27
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I got my 2-twin room for $49 using the rest area coupon book. This MicroTel is just like most of the others. Tiny room, clean, friendly front desk. This one is convenient to Delphi and about 10 minutes from downtown Rochester. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank 2TubMan
Reviewed April 26, 2007

This is a typical 2-star establishment. Room almost clean (but found a hair on the sheet), bed almost comfortable, breakfast almost edible, etc. OK for one night at $44, but I would rather pay more and get more.

Stayed: April 2007