“Disappointed”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I have been to this hotel twice because of convenience. The first time was OK and the room was unimpressive to say the least. I also stayed last night to try it again and the rate was slightly higher but the room was nicer and more spacious (with window seat). All was ok except that the toilet randomly stopped working and then a used condom was found on the floor! (which was definitely not from me)

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Mizohys

Reviewed February 10, 2008

Stayed here with my daughter overnight after a concert nearby and got about what I expected for the low price. Had reserved ahead of time, and easy check-in and check-out. Smallish room with queen-sized bed. Mattress OK, pillows terrible little lumps, sheets thin but clean, blanket had a couple of burn holes. Bathroom a little worn but clean, towels thin but adequate. TV on top of wardrobe would be a little difficult if you were in the room watching it much, but my daughter didn't mind. Only the plumbing was noisy in our room, and two flushes required, but I wouldn't care to be near a door to any of the stairs as they closed loudly. Self-serve breakfast offered a variety of muffins, bagels, hot and cold cereals, cold and hot beverages. Hotel was easy to find, near restaurants, mall and main highways. Good for a business traveler on a budget, anyone who won't be spending much time in the room and isn't looking for luxury, and as my husband says "hotel rooms look the same when the lights are off." We used the money saved on a more expensive room to visit a restaurant we had enjoyed on a past visit.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2007

After hearing good things about this hotel we decided to book, because we figured we would not be in the room very much as it was Thanksgiving weekend. The lobby is plain, nothing to see. Upon check-in the staff was pretty nice, can't complain. We decided to see the room before we took our luggage up. Of which you need to walk outside to go to the second floor. It was absolutely awful, like something out of a horror movie. It smelled, there were cigarette burns on the bedspread and blanket. The washroom was old and deteriorating. The vaneer from the door was peeling off. Another door to an adjoining room would not close proplerly. We ended up going back down to the front desk, to advise them that we would not be staying there. This is when the friendly staff member that checked us in, suddendly became argumentative and rude. Needless to say we did get our money back. But because of that service, we will never stay at a Microtel again, and would definitely not reccomend it, even if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C27
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I got my 2-twin room for $49 using the rest area coupon book. This MicroTel is just like most of the others. Tiny room, clean, friendly front desk. This one is convenient to Delphi and about 10 minutes from downtown Rochester. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank 2TubMan
Reviewed April 26, 2007

This is a typical 2-star establishment. Room almost clean (but found a hair on the sheet), bed almost comfortable, breakfast almost edible, etc. OK for one night at $44, but I would rather pay more and get more.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank TravellerJack
Reviewed April 26, 2007

I had booked a room with 2 double beds at least 2 months prior to our stay for a wedding. The parents had reserved a block of rooms for the wedding guests.

When we arrived, the room they gave us had one bed and they said that was all that was available, in spite of my reservation. We had arrived at the hotel early in the afternoon too. The person I was traveling with was of the opposite sex - we are good friends and have shared many hotels rooms, but we don't share beds!!! They refused to honor the reservation for a room with 2 beds.

In addition, the room was terribly musty and the rug was damp on one side of the bed. Very disgusting. I will never stay at a Microtel again.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Mrsbrookes
Reviewed July 27, 2006

Had spent a long day travelling across the New York Thruway and visiting Letchworth Park before we arrived at the Microtel. We were in a small but comfortable room. Unfortunately a plug aws missing from the sink. As soon as we reported it, the manager Michael was down to the room and fixed it. I had spent a few nihts already in the States but so far no motel I'd stayed in had internet access. When I asked Michael about it he told me to come to him at 9 pm and I could use the computer at reception to e-mail my daughter. No problem at all. Went along and sent the e-mail at the reception. Michael was so friendly; he couldn't do enough for his guests.
This motel is great value, comfortable and clean

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple