“Good Choice for the Traveler - Central to Highways, Shopping & City”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Henrietta/Rochester
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed for two nights ($89 per night) while visiting family in Central NY. My boyfriend knew the area well since he is an alum of RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology), which is only 5 minutes away from this hotel. He suggested we stay in this area of town versus Downtown Rochester as it is cheaper, safe and central to all major highways. Located on Route 15, it's close to all your favorite chain restaurants (Tim Horton's is right next door), a few shopping malls, gas stations, and some local haunts as well. We stopped at Jay's Diner for breakfast one morning - it was delicious!

Now on to the hotel.... As the name implies, the rooms are small but have all the major necessities - comfortable bed, good water pressure, working AC unit, flat screen TV, mini fridge, telephone and free internet. There's a complimentary breakfast too - bagels, mini muffins, hot/cold cereal, coffee, tea, juices - not bad for FREE! Also, there's no lack of mirrors in these hotel rooms - one in the bathroom, one over the fridge, and one over the bed - Weird, I know!

My complaints are expected: After the daily room cleaning, the maid forgot to leave us clean towels for the bathroom. So, we went to the front desk to ask for more. The clerk cocked an attitude but handed a few over - must have caught him at the wrong time! Also, the rooms are old and need updating. The carpet was a bit stained, the paint's chipping, the grout and bathtub rubber liner need replacing. The sink has seen better days....

If you are looking for a cheap & no frills place to stay - This is it!

Room Tip: No method for finding the "best" room. it looks like they are updating the hotel in stages...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We were trying to drive to Niagara Falls after a full day of seeing Philadelphia and needed a place to stopover. Found this motel by looking in one of those super saver magazines you get at information centers. With the coupon from the book got a rate cheaper than Triple A. Room was very basic, small, but clean. Breakfast was included, as was free internet. You could definitely hear a lot of outside noise but we were so tired we fell asleep anyway. The bed felt comfortable enough but I awoke with a back ache. Since we had been walking and sightseeing for several days prior I cannot say that this bed did it, but it may have been the tipping point. Easy on and off from I-90.

Room Tip: Call ahead but bring the coupon with you...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Wife and I have stayed here several times over the years, our most recent stay being three nights in May 2011. Price is right, Henrietta is a quiet and safe area and the drive into downtown Rochester or over to the ever-lovely little suburban canalside towns such as Pittsford or Fairport is quick and easy. It's an older Microtel but our room was very clean and a recent paint job was evident. Excellent mattress, upgraded bedding, bathroom fine. Unlike some earlier Tripadvisors, we have never experienced parking problems or noise issues. Breakfast is standard Microtel, just bread and bagels and muffins, cold cereals and instant oatmeal, but we greatly appreciated that the breakfast runs to a generous 10am and there were folks in there even later. If you sleep in or need a more elaborate breakfast, hop in your car and drive five minutes up the road to Margie's, a splendid little local dinerstyle spot.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Not only was the parking ridiculous but the noise level quite high. The staff was loud, shouting to each other from opposite ends of the hall. They were vacuuming the hall at 8am. At 2am I thought the truck with the plow was coming into our room. The previous snowfall could have added to the parking problem as it looked like everyone made a spot in an already limited parking area.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I am so glad I didn't have to sleep here. We came to Rochester for a wedding and live 2 hours away. Friends of ours had rented the room (non-refundable, prepaid) and were not able to attend due to the weather. They offered us their room to rest up and change in. Entering the lobby we were greeted by signs asking us to forgive the dust from remodeling, OK no problem. The first indication of what we were in for was the appearance of the desk clerk. Unkempt and surly would be a kind way to describe the individual who checked us in. We went to the room and the first thing I was was the urine in the toilet and all the hair on the bathroom floor. I thought the room might have already been rented but no. The walls and doors were chipped and stained. Multiple stains adorned the walls that would have been easily removed with a bit of soap and water. The chair in the room was disgusting. Many visible stains. I covered it with a towel (cheap, thin, and rough) before sitting on it. I was very, very glad I was just there to change and leave. No matter what the weather was I would not stay in that room, I would much rather drive the 2 hours home at 11PM than stay there. Whatever our friends paid for that room was too much and they deserve their money back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed here about a year ago and never ended up reviewing it!

I was in town for a wedding and my partner had booked this hotel for about $50/night. I certainly had my reservations; usually . The hallways were a bit dimly lit and could have used an update. In fact, the motel in general could use a bit of a facelift, but for the price I was pleasantly surprised.

We have a young child to tote around and at the time we were juggling her pack 'n play, her stroller, and all of the other necessities of having an under-two-year-old. The staff was kind enough to grant us a wheelchair accessible room, which lended a bit more space to set up her equipment. The room was small, but that was to be expected. My partner and I enjoyed the mini-fridge and microwave provided with the room (something that a lot of higher-star hotels charge for!).

The breakfast buffet was standard and nothing to write home about, but we appreciated the notion. The staff was pleasant and accommodating.

All in all, I would recommend this establishment for someone just looking to get in and out of the area with a good night's sleep and no hassle.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2010

It was more like sleeping in a compartment. Really small and tight. I believe they did clean it once this year. Bed was comfortable but floors and ugh the bath was not clean at all. Their diner for free breakfast was really crap. Terrible coffee, terrible orange juice, hard to screw up a bagle, but they really do need to clean up at least once a week. If they clean more than that, they should fire the staff and start over. Will not return and will question if I ever stay at a Micromotel again. Had to take turns getting out of bed so we would not run into each other.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple