“Only very slightly better than average” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Deer Lake, PA
“Only very slightly better than average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

I had the "opportunity" to stay at this property the night before a business training session that I was conducting on the property the next day. It's your typical Country Inn & Suites, probably a 2-1/2 star hotel, and offers little in the way of amenities.

The hotel does have free internet access, but through a wire - the wi-fi is in the hotel lobby only. Everything else (iron, hairdryer, cable, etc) is pretty much status quo for any property, including I would guess the Super 8 or Red Roof Inn. I haven't stayed in those places in years since my early days of travel, and I realized from this stay at CI&S that I've become a bit of a travel snob, I guess.

At any rate, the first room that I was assigned (221, right at the top of the stairs) smelled like a cross between musty mildew, a wet dog, and something that the wet dog may have left behind.

Fortunately, the desk clerk re-assigned me, and although I had to downgrade to a room with two queen beds, it was worth it to lose the smell.

Breakfast is better than your average continental spread, and there is plenty of room in the breakfast room.

The meeting facilities were adequate for a class of 24 people, but I wouldn't try to get more than that into this space.

I wasn't thrilled with my stay - it was just OK, but I'll close by saying that if this is the #1 out of eight hotels in Henrietta, I'm quite pleased that I didn't wind up in one of the other seven.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank DBC925

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2007

My stay was excellent....the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. The breakfast was very good especially with the waffles. Great pool!!It was the best stay that I have ever had at a hotel and I will definately stay there again!!!!

• Liked — The great service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
rio de janeiro, brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

Me and my family stayed for 4 nights and just loved it. Very nice room, helpfull staff. Defenetely would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

The hotel is about 6 years old. We found it to be very well kept. The guest room and the bathroom looked brand new. We were impressed with the hotel staff from the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff. We stayed in a standard room (no microwave or refrigerator) that was handicapped accessible. It was spacious. The hotel is around the corner from Route 390 and just minutes from Marketplace Mall and other shopping. It was a very positive experience and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2006

Great location for getting in/out of town, easy to access and to go back and forth to RIT or UR. The room was clean, beds and furnishings comfortable, front desk helpful. Free internet, and they gladly let us borrow the cord we neglected to bring from home. Only complaint is the breakfast.....pretty lame even for a budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank NBPINVT
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

Booked one night through Hotwire for $87/night in July 2005. Unfortunately, due to delays at the Canada/US border we arrived much later than we had hoped. However, our room was very clean and comfortable with very nice decor. The Queen beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was nicely finished and spotlessly clean. The complimentary continental breakfast was as good as you could reasonably expect. Overall I like the Country Inns & Suites chain a lot and this one lived up to my expectations.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank labelleprovince
Corning, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2005

My daughter and I booked a 2 night get away/shopping trip to Rochester. We booked the king jacuzzi suite. Very CLEAN hotel, great pool and friendly staff.

However the free breakfast that they offer, was not what I had anticipated, and therefore sort of a let down especially for carb conscious people. But that's just my 2c.

I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank MelissaJo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta? Share your experiences!