“Amazing Hotel and Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn Rochester Henrietta South and had the most amazing time. The staff was on top of everything from the minute I arrived. Check in was fast, my room was ready and waiting. I needed to find a dinner recommendation and the hotel had lots of options - both to eat out or even have delivered. The room was clean up to date and the bed made for a great night's sleep. Hot Breakfast in the morning was amazing with lots of choices and a huge breakfast room that allowed everyone to have their own space. When I return to Rochester this will be the only place I'll stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear "Barb D"

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you've chosen us as your "home away from home" when in the Rochester-Henrietta area. We look forward to seeing you in the future, Have a beautiful Autumn season. Cheers!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were on our way home after driving almost 4000 miles in 2 weeks; tried to make it from the IL/IN border to our home near Albany in one stretch and ran out of steam about 220 miles from our goal. Drove into this place on a Monday evening because it was close to the Thruway exit. Desk clerk offered us a discount on the room - can't recall whether it was AARP or AAA, but it was a substantial reduction in price. We were assigned to an enormous suite; walked into a room with a pull-out sofa, large flat-screen TV on a dresser, desk and mini-kitchenette with sink, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was larger than the usual chain hotel model. The bedroom had two very comfortable queen-size beds, a nightstand and another dresser with a second, smaller TV on it. We were so tired that we couldn't bring ourselves to go out in search of dinner, so we ordered pizza. It was delivered directly to our room and the desk clerk got us some disposable plates and paper napkins. Hubby and I slept well. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good. Of all the complimentary breakfasts I have experienced at chain hotels, this one is the first place that had REAL stainless flatware instead of flimsy plastic utensils and REAL plates, bowls, cups and glasses. They were melamine and plastic, but it was nice not to have to eat off styrofoam. The only flaw was that the delicious-looking large bowl of fruit was apparently thawed out frozen-in-a-bag stuff. The taste and texture suffered. They even had real cooked from scratch oatmeal. It was all attractively presented. The whole place was spotlessly clean and everyone on the staff was very kind, welcoming and helpful. I'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank momzanurz1525
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Greetings!
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us! We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we provide at our property. Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your experience with us. Stop by, should you "run out of steam" on your bext road trip. We'll be here for you! Thanks again! Cheers!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Look, this isn't a full service hotel nor should you expect the appointments/amenities/service you'd receive at one. However, for my purposes, and for the money, it was fine. The front desk person was very nice upon check-in, allowed me to get in about an hour early, which was very helpful for my business trip. I had a cookie, it was pretty good. The room was overall pretty clean. There were some disgusting stains on the chair at which I chose not to look, but other than that, it was clean. The room is well appointed, but is very minimalist. The bed was comfortable, housekeeping did a nice job, and the common areas were clean. The staff all said hello and were nice. To whatever extent it makes sense for them financially, the place could use a bit of a makeover - it's a little tired. But, again, for the money and for my purposes, it was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnRochester, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve your next stay with us we would love to hear. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here just to sleep on our way to Eastern NY. It was one of the nicest hotels for the price. It was clean and comfortable, and we were very pleased. The only downside was the breakfast. It was OK, but did not have the variety or quality of hot and cold foods that we were hoping for. The oatmeal cookies at the front desk were really good though!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hi there!
Thanks for writing such a wonderful review of your experience with us. We truly appreciate it. We look forward to serving you in the future. Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is run by people who care about the customer.While Country Inn and Suites is taking away the homey comfort of previous decorating style in favor of the contemporary sleek look, this Inn retains a pleasant atmosphere because of the people who work there. In room conveniences (frig, coffee maker, hair dryer, great TV's, internet and work space) always in grerat working order and the welcome cookie and coffee (and fruit!) are available all hours! The mattresses are VERY comfortable, and I appreciate the free airport shuttle. Pool and hot tub are always clean and inviting. Happy hour has allowed me to meet other interesting guests! Love the breakfast frittata's, waffles, oatmeal and garnishes! VERY CLEAN!!!! My FIRST choice in Rochestser!

Room Tip: I have stayed in all wings on the facility and have NEVER been disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hi there!
Thank you for submitting a review for us! We appreciate your kind words and your continued patronage. We understand that there are many choices in the Rochester area for hotels, and are so happy you've found your home-away-from-home with us! We look forward to your next stay with us, and hope your Autumn season is delightful! Cheers!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We used the pool in the evening. The floor was very wet. The pool & jacuzzi water temperature was very comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. They did not have cookies waiting for us as we arrived. They had a tray of cookies available at the counter during the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear "Roland S"

Sorry to hear that we didn't have cookies ready for you at check-in. We may have been in the process of baking them at the time of your check-in. They sure are a popular comodity here! I'm happy to hear that you did finally get to have some. We look forward to your next stay with us, and thank you for submitting a review! Have a great Autumn!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the Country Inn and Suites chain and this hotel did not let me down. It has a wonderful, friendly staff. My room was very clean and comfortable. I was amazed at how quiet my room was, too. I was able to get a much needed restful sleep during my stay. The price is very reasonable for what you get. Unfortunately I didn't get to swim in the pool or use the spa but they looked clean and well kept. If given the opportunity I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LeighAnn64

Dear "LeighAnn64"

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for us! We truly appreciate it! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that upon your return you have some time to use the pool and whirlpool! Have a great Autumn and thanks again! Cheers!