Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stay here on our many trips through Rochester during the summers. While about a half hour out, we book and when we arrive, the staff has everything ready. We book a king suite, which is always clean, comfortable, and stocked. Every night we are able to get a restful sleep to finish our drive the next day. In the mornings, the hotel has a free breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, muffins, cereal, and more. I was happily surprised the first time we attended the breakfast and how good it was.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear "IrishHype1121"

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along kudos to the respective departments. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travels bring you back to the Henrietta, NY area. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and thanks again! Cheers!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great place nice people good breakfast and coffee Fruit and oatmeal. I need an extra loop in my belt and the maintenance person was kind enough to do it for me. good location and place was clean. okay that's all folks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our property's engineer was able to assist you with your belt. Hope to see you again in the future! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Cheers!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for four days as part of a family visit and PGA week. Our King Suite was wonderfully clean and comfortable. The daily breakfast provided a good start to the day. It was easy to get to and leave from for day trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi there. We are overjoyed to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during the Oak Hill PGA Tournament. We look forward to serving you in the future chould your travels bring you back to the Rochester area! Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your summer! Cheers!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I started staying here over Thanksgiving weekend after my mother moved and it wasn't so easy for her to host us. It's fairly no frills, but it's new and clean, and the free breakfast and exercise room are fabulous. The last time we were there we noticed an odd odor in our room that was getting stronger; although they were pretty full they gave us a new room, while apologizing profusely. It seems that the guest before us had broken the rules and smoked in the bathroom, and despite multiple cleanings the odor reappeared when the room was closed up after we checked in.
The hotel is also situated in a very convenient location--it's easy to get to shopping and major highways.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcc6507
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Icc6507:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your experiences with us during your recent stay. We appreciate all the feredback, and look forward to seeing you in the future! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Cheers!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were staying in Rochester for the Party in The Park Concert as one of the greatest live bands were playing. Coming from Canada, we plugged Country Inn and Suites, Henrietta Road into our GPS and off we went. When we arrived, we were told they did not have our reservations. Oh oh!

The staff asked if we had the "correct" Country Inn on Henrietta Road. Evidently there are TWO Country Inn and Suites in Rochester, both on Henrietta Road. We booked the West Henrietta but we drove to the "East" Country Inn. Mea Culpa. This did give us an opportunity to compare the properties (at the least the Lobby). The one thing we noticed was that the East property had free dinners, as well as breakfasts. The west only offered the free dinners Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Once we finally reached the proper inn, the check in was fast. The room was clean and comfortable. We were unable to connect to the free WIFI in the room, so we actually ended up using the WIFI from the hotel located directly next door. The pool and hot tub were good, refreshing after a long day.

The free breakfast was top shelf. Waffle maker, eggs, cold cereal, everything and more than you would expect.

It is a good hotel, just take care to make sure you go to the proper location. The East location had a lot more restaurants within walking distance, the West location has its charm, but not much around.

Room Tip: Make sure you go the proper location, that is either the East or West location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leafs1967
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family of 4 called from 1/2 hour away and we were able to get a room. They didn't have a room with 2 queen beds, but we were able to stay in a king bed suite. The king bed was extremely comfortable, however the pull out, I am told by my 2 boys, was not that comfortable. The room was very clean, there was a tv in each room, a coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom was clean, and the soap was a very nice citrus bar.

Breakfast was good (and free), with your choice of bagel, toast, muffin, oatmeal, waffle, egg, sausage, yogurt, cereal, oranges or apples and various juices.

I would stay here again if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TwinJean318
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear "TwinJean318":
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for submitting a review based on your experience! We know that in the hospitality world there are many choices to be had, and we are overjoyed that you chose us! We look forward to serving you in the future should your travels bring you to the Henrietta area again. Thanks again, and have a wonderful summer! Cheers!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came in for a family weekend, and needed 2 rooms. When my mom called the reservation line directly, they booked her room, then the phone was passed to me to get my information. We booked the same rooms, a King Suite with pull out sofa. Upon arrival, we went to our rooms, mine was a regular room. I went back down to the desk, and told the man at the desk it was wrong. He went into the computer and told me that I had the correct room. I explained that my mom and I booked the same room type at the same time and I had a confirmation for a suite. He decided to argue wtih me and told me that I didn't book a room through Carlson, that I did it through Expedia. I told him that I did not, and explained again that the 2 rooms were booked at the same time. He kept arguing and it was very uncomfortable and extremely rude. He then said I booked my room 2 days later than my mom and again said it was done through a 3rd party. I then asked if there was any chance they had another person with the same last name at the hotel, and he told me no without even looking. I was becoming furious. Then, he asks if my name was "Robert". I said no! It is Kimberly! He finally admitted there was a mistake. To argue with a customer and keep accusing me of doing something I did not was so annoying. We finally got the correct room. The room was a bit of a disappointment, you could tell it was an older hotel. The shower water didn't go down, at least barely, so you had to shower in dirty water every morning. The shower steam kept setting off the smoke detector because the ventilation was horrible. There was supposed to be a managers reception, they said not that Thursday because of the holiday (July 4th) they were short staffed. Breakfast was supposed to have eggs cooked to order, they had no omelets or sunny side up eggs, only cheap scrambled eggs. We were told we could see fireworks from the front of the hotel porch, the kids were so disappointed as there was a building blocking them across the street. The only good thing about this hotel was the comfort of the bed. My mom also had problems with her shower drain, and found some of the staff to be extremely rude as well. We will never return to this hotel. There are many other options for suites in the area if you need one because you have kids with you, and we have stayed at all of them without any problems, until this one!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnsManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear "kimnmike41"

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for any behavior of our staff that may have led you to feel "uncomfortable". This is unacceptable, and will be appropriately addressed.
Secondly, I apologize for the "slow drains" in both you and your mother's suites. These things happen. However, without being notified of these issues during your stay, it makes it nearly impossible to appropriately address them. We do not expect our guests to be anything less than comfortable during their stay with us. Whether it be for leisure, business, or as a passerby. We want all of our guests to feel as though they are at home while away from their own homes. We staff front desk representatives and a manager on duty 24 hours a day to assist with absolutely anything we can to ensure the safety, comfort and respect of our guests. We are sorry to have not met your expectations during your stay.
In regards to our Evening Reception, which we provide as a complimentary venue for our guests 21 years of age or older, on Tuesdays & Thursdays; management does reserve the right to change, cancel, or postpone this event as seen fit for the business. I am truly sorry that this was true of your stay with us.
Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify our breakfast menu items. We have never served nor offered "eggs cooked to order". While this is a wonderful suggestion to possibly improve our complimentary breakfast, we do not offer this as of right now. We rotate 5 different menus for every day of the week to ensure that both long and short term staying guests can have a decent variety of breakfast items. Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction.
Lastly, in regards to the Independence Day Fireworks Displays: knowing that there were many venues in the greater Rochester area, our hotel's service team thought it would be a nice gesture to provide a listing of fireworks displays for our guests staying with us during the holiday. As you noted, there is a building directly across the street from our hotel, and if standing directly in front of the building, yes, your view would've definitely been blocked. However, had a few steps been taken to the right of that building your viewing enjoyment opportunities would have increased significantly.
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites Rochester-Henrietta, I truly apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I invite you to call the hotel directly to speak to a member of management if you wish to discuss this matter further. Thanks again, and have a wonderful rest of your summer.