“Better than the other reviewers tell you!!!”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We booked the Red Roof knowing it was a budget motel, on the edge of Rochester. We were delighted with our room, spacious and clean. Recently renovated, it had a king size bed with new linens, and built in desk with internet, and all new bathroom fixtures. No hairdryer or coffee machine. They do have a coffee machine in the office. The office staff was nice and the reception was clean and neat. I don't understand the compaints. We stayed three nights.
On one side of the parking lot is a Tim Hortons, and on the other side a McDonalds. It was quiet for a busy corner.
Our room was called A Business King. I would stay here again. Very handy for shopping, restaurants, the Thruway and getting around this area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stay at this particular Red Roof about five times per year. I DO NOT understand some of the negative reviews. The desk people are always friendly and helpful. The new coffee/latte/espresso/etc. machine is available 24/7. Tim Hortons to the left, McDonalds to the right, Wendys across the street, many restaurants within five minutes. Not the classiest AC or TV channel selection, but hey, the price is very fair. Join AARP or RediCard for even better rates. I always call the motel directly (585-359-1100) because I HATE talking to someone in Idaho or wherever about a room I want in Rochester, NY. Haven't had any problems there yet. So that's my story!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Non smoking room smelled like an ash tray - managament was indifferent -
Departed one day early due to big snow storm, checked out at 4:00pm, Hotel was half empty and they still insisted on charging the full amout.
Expedia was of little help - said it was totally up to the hotel - why would I ever use expedia again?!

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank abcdef_7
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Couldn't say enough bad things about this place. Intermittently working air conditioner. Two of the smallest, thinnest towels i have ever see. No coffee - not in the room, not in the lobby, nowhere. Pay wireless internet, adding even more to our inflated bill. One tiny packet of shampoo - never replaced in the three nights we stayed. The most ridiculous TV controls i have ever seen, forcing you to go back to the "PAY" menu everytime you wanted to change channels. And we paid $108/night!!! Have complained to them and received a grossly inadequate response. Never, never again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cbmdr
Reviewed June 2, 2007

For the price, this was an excellent hotel. There was internet access (not wireless), and the room was very clean. The room had clearly been updated; the linens and furniture seemed new. The shower was really nice in particular. The staff was friendly and quickly filled any requests we had.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank mplstraveller
Reviewed November 6, 2006

I stayed here for two nights separately. On October 4th and also again on October 30th. I had a business trip and decided to stay here for the night. I was surprised to see that the rooms were very clean and neat. Never stayed at a Red Roof becore, and I can say that both times the rooms were clean and I had a good nights rest while on the road. This one was off the New York State Thruway so I was not sure what to expect because of the prior reviews. But, this place was convenient, clean and quiet. Plus, there are 3 places to get breakfast/unch/dinner within a few hundred feet of the rooms. Very convenient! Place felt safe and did not have anyone bother me, but I did not travel alone so that may have been a factor. Overall, nice, neat and clean, comfortable and felt pretty safe to me. Did not use the amenities, if there are any, so I cannot comment on those.

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank RoadTripReviewer
A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed November 5, 2005

Worse hotel I ever stayed in. They were tearing up the parking lot-so there was no room to park. Local druggies kept knocking on door, with panhandlers loitering about. I left for fear of being robbed or worse.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business