“Very good”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. I was surprised that there was no blow dryer in the room, and I hadn't brought my own. Most hotels have them in the rooms now. The bed was not as comfortable as I'd hoped, but not terrible.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
PamPeri, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to see that you felt the room was clean and enjoyed our new renovation. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Rochester area.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I visit the Rochester area regularly as my son attends RIT. I decided to try the Red Roof Inn since it was close to the school, reasonably priced and above all had great reviews on Trip Advisor. I walked into my room and my shoes stuck to the floor. I looked over at the granite desk top to see sticky marks from food and/or beverages. There were cobwebs on the edge of the dresser attached to the floor. I went in the bathroom and on the floor was an empty package from a bar of soap. I wiped up the granite counter top and was going to take it down to show the front desk, but decided to use it to wipe the floor. It was absolutely disgusting. The entire wash cloth was literally black. I took it down to the front desk along with the card of the person who cleaned the room that said she takes great pride in cleaning the room. The front desk attendant said she was mortified and that she would go down and clean my room personally. She also mentioned they have been having problems with the cleaning staff not doing a good job. I also asked that she change the sheets since nothing else had been apparently taken care of I was not comfortable with that having been done. There were no other rooms I could move to since they were sold out (not that another one would have been any better). They did comp me a night and take care of the room. There were 2 other groups of people that were in the office, one at check out, that were complaining of the same problems. We agreed that we needed to go on Trip Advisor and write a review that truly reflected the situation at this hotel. If you want to stay in this area I would recommend the Country Inn & Suites across the street on West Henrietta. I do not like writing negative reviews, but someone needed to shed light on the reality of this hotel. I am not sure how they received such a good review? Maybe it will make the management step up to the plate and get rid of lazy, subpar cleaning staff. In light of the economy, I am sure there are others that would like a job!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim G
PamPeri, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the condition of your room at check in. I can assure you that this is not the norm for our Inn and I am glad that our staff member was able to assist you, Thank you for taking the time to do a review and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you if you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Despite booking last minute couple hours before arriving at the hotel and getting the last two available rooms, we were pleasantly surprised at the clean and neat rooms that we got. Rooms seem to be newly done and we got one with the microwave over which is really nice. The beds and bedding were clean, neat and comfortable. Appreciate the free coffee at the front desk with no discrimination between priceline and non-priceline customers as some other hotels tend to do. Well worth the money paid. Will recommend this hotel based on this stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We were so pleased to see you were pleasantyly surprised with our new rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I spent one night at this Red Rood and had a great experience. The staff was great and the room was clean. For the price I would definitely recommend this to others. The location was perfect for what I was in Rochester for and was very close to the Thruway (I-90).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to see that your room was clean and the staff was friendly. Hope to see you again when you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn. The staff is always friendly and helpful and it is convenient to my son's college so visiting him during the year is easy. The room is austere:a king sized bed and flat screen TV, bathroom and vanity/sink combo; not much else is needed for a quick visit. This Red Roof Inn has a non-smoking policy for all its rooms, unfortunately this does not apply to the visitors it serves; the rooms stink from the patrons who have been in them before. This is not to say that the rooms are dirty - they are not. Every thing is clean and well maintained, its just that the smell of stale smoke and even staler smokers has permeated the room; its in the walls, the rugs and even in the bedding and mattress. I took the first experience as a fluke, but the second time, in a different room has convinced me that this place is just beyond redemption. I'll have to find a new place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I want to thank you for mentioning our friendly staff, clean rooms, and great location. I do apologize for the smoke smell you noticed in your room. Although our rooms are 100% smoke free we do occasionally encounter a guest who does not follow our policy. I will make sure to have the staff check to ensure our rooms smell fresh and smoke free. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had the opportunity to spend three days at the Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta after checking for recommendations concerning hotels/motels in the area. This one received good reviews, and I decided to try it out. I must say, I was not disappointed in the least. The room was quite spacious, clean and convenient. The staff and management were very friendly and welcoming. Even when there was an issue with the bathroom, they were immediately responsive, taking the care of the problem quickly. My first night was a little noisy, but that was not the fault of the establishment - parents who lacked parenting skills, unable to keep their children in line, apparently never having stayed in a hotel before. Unlike many other hotels/motels that I have stayed in, the shower was really great - excellent water pressure and hot water on demand. I do wish there was a vanity in the bathroom, but I worked around it. Their wi-fi is very good and quick, unlike the conference center that I spent my days in that had poor to no service most of the time. They are also very conveniently located near many places to eat with choices of fast food, diner food, or quality restaurants. They are also very near to shopping, if that's what you'd like to do. This was my first experience with Red Roof and I've already booked my stay for the next conference in another area at the Red Roof there. I would highly recommend it for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Red Roof inn was exactly what I was looking for. It was clean and either new or newly remodeled. The bed were comfortable, the shower good, the wifi was strong and the room was quiet. The price was right. In fact, I check the price a couple of times to make sure it was for two nights and not a per night charge.
We were visiting schools in Rochester and although the location was in the suburbs, it was easy to get to and only 10 mins from U of Rocester. The motel provided what I wanted and did not waste time on features I never use: no pool, no gym, no breakfast, no meeting area. We got a great breakfast at a Tim Horton's next door <$5. My kids are too old to play in the pool. The staff were friendly and helpful, providing extra towels and recommending a pizza place. When I am traveling, I want a quiet clean room with confortable beds and a decent shower. The Red Roof provided all of those at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. It is very exciting for my staff and me to read your nice comments about our property. We hope to see you again.