“Clean room, but it smells”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn. The staff is always friendly and helpful and it is convenient to my son's college so visiting him during the year is easy. The room is austere:a king sized bed and flat screen TV, bathroom and vanity/sink combo; not much else is needed for a quick visit. This Red Roof Inn has a non-smoking policy for all its rooms, unfortunately this does not apply to the visitors it serves; the rooms stink from the patrons who have been in them before. This is not to say that the rooms are dirty - they are not. Every thing is clean and well maintained, its just that the smell of stale smoke and even staler smokers has permeated the room; its in the walls, the rugs and even in the bedding and mattress. I took the first experience as a fluke, but the second time, in a different room has convinced me that this place is just beyond redemption. I'll have to find a new place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I want to thank you for mentioning our friendly staff, clean rooms, and great location. I do apologize for the smoke smell you noticed in your room. Although our rooms are 100% smoke free we do occasionally encounter a guest who does not follow our policy. I will make sure to have the staff check to ensure our rooms smell fresh and smoke free. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had the opportunity to spend three days at the Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta after checking for recommendations concerning hotels/motels in the area. This one received good reviews, and I decided to try it out. I must say, I was not disappointed in the least. The room was quite spacious, clean and convenient. The staff and management were very friendly and welcoming. Even when there was an issue with the bathroom, they were immediately responsive, taking the care of the problem quickly. My first night was a little noisy, but that was not the fault of the establishment - parents who lacked parenting skills, unable to keep their children in line, apparently never having stayed in a hotel before. Unlike many other hotels/motels that I have stayed in, the shower was really great - excellent water pressure and hot water on demand. I do wish there was a vanity in the bathroom, but I worked around it. Their wi-fi is very good and quick, unlike the conference center that I spent my days in that had poor to no service most of the time. They are also very conveniently located near many places to eat with choices of fast food, diner food, or quality restaurants. They are also very near to shopping, if that's what you'd like to do. This was my first experience with Red Roof and I've already booked my stay for the next conference in another area at the Red Roof there. I would highly recommend it for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Red Roof inn was exactly what I was looking for. It was clean and either new or newly remodeled. The bed were comfortable, the shower good, the wifi was strong and the room was quiet. The price was right. In fact, I check the price a couple of times to make sure it was for two nights and not a per night charge.
We were visiting schools in Rochester and although the location was in the suburbs, it was easy to get to and only 10 mins from U of Rocester. The motel provided what I wanted and did not waste time on features I never use: no pool, no gym, no breakfast, no meeting area. We got a great breakfast at a Tim Horton's next door <$5. My kids are too old to play in the pool. The staff were friendly and helpful, providing extra towels and recommending a pizza place. When I am traveling, I want a quiet clean room with confortable beds and a decent shower. The Red Roof provided all of those at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. It is very exciting for my staff and me to read your nice comments about our property. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had to find an inexpensive place to stay in Rochester. This Red Roof looks typical from the outside but the room was ultra modern/updated and clean. Being an 17 year 'Road Warrior' and multi-year Platinum Marriott Rewards Member, I was actually blown away by how comparable the room was to an recently updated Marriott room.

Room Tip: Request the back end of the buildings. The front desk put me there as they knew I was a business tr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were so impressed with our rooms. The response to our recent renovation has been very rewarding. Hopefully we will see you the next time you are in Rochester.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed there many times over the 4 years of visiting my son at RIT. I could count on a clean, no-frills room. It isn't the newest Red Roof and they seem to be slowly refurbishing the rooms so it is getting better. The desk help was always pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast up the road at Kenna's.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Samuel J
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always very rewarding to the staff and myself to hear the property is clean and the staff is pleasant and helpful. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited on the Memorial Day weekend. In spite of the holiday, there was ample parking in the lot. We were always able to park right in front of our room's door. The room was recently renovated, and provided an efficient combination of sleeping/living space, restroom/dressing space, and workspace. I was not expecting a motel to have such a nice work space, and this made it more pleasant to put in my work hours on the road. Nice, comfy desk chair, even. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It is so rewarding to the staff to see positive comments like yours. We are very pleased with our renovation and our guests are constantly commenting on our new rooms. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good Hotel. Rooms were well cleaned and nice & cozy. AC and TV set worked great. Bathroom was clean. Plenty of parking options. Staff was quite friendly, easy check-in and check-out. Gas station and McD's & DD are close by. I got reservation from Hotwire (quite cheap price) and it was worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shine82h
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. It is always great to hear that our guests are pleased and comments like yours are very rewarding to the staff. We hope to see you the next time you are in our area.