“Another good overnight pit stop.”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
New York City, New York
“Another good overnight pit stop.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed up here once while visiting kid at SUNY GENESEO.Overall it was a nice clean hotel,good buffet style breakfast[helps you get on the road faster].The bed was comfortable the bathroom was clean and so was the rugs.Overall if I had to stop here again ,I would choose this place.The staff was very helpful too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments concerning your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Rochester, NY. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your visit the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My picky wife was even impress when we decide to check the room before we committed to stay here. The place looks New to our surprise. I was told that Red Roof Inn corporation started to renovate many of their Motels. The place have updated Laminate floors. New washroom, Beds sheets, and covers look new, hallways renovated, had a Flat screen TV's etc. The timing of their renovation is probably good , since the recession, contractor might be willing to work for less than normal rate. Many of motels renovated 5 years ago still uses carpets and no Flat screen TVs.

The place reminds me of some decent time share we had stayed. Staff from night shift to midnight shift to day shift were not only accommodating, friendly, but were cheerful and enthusiastic,.including the house keeper in the morning greeted us with sincere eye to eye contact when we walked pass by them. Though the place do not offer breakfast, Mcdonald and wendys are just walking distance across the Inn, Malls is just 5 minutes away.

We had bad experience with Red Roof Inn 15 years ago, never been to one since then , and always had the impression that the motel chain never tried to keep up with its competitors. Now our impression of this chain of motels had change. We will definitely will add Red Roof Inn to our list of place to stay down the road. We will hope other Red Roof Inn quality will be close to what we had experience on this Henrietta branch.

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in a single king size bedroom, it was our first time traveling without our grow...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments concerning our Red Roof Inn in Rochester, NY. We are pleased to hear how impressed you were with our recent renovation. We are very excited with our new rooms. It is also nice to hear about the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Rochester area.
Upstate NY
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been here many times for events in Farmington - my friends always ask why I travel 20 minutes rather than stay in Farmington/Victor - primarily it is because of the reliability of the Red Roof - both in customer service (Night clerk on Friday nights (Aaron?)is always pleasant, as is the lady on Sunday check out!). The makeover of the rooms is great - so clean, pleasant in décor, wifi and TV are wonderful I always stay in the superior king - love the refrig, safe and coffee maker - there is a micro but I never seem to use it - room is always cleaned - fresh towels (yes, this comment might be strange but I have stayed in Motel 6s where the towels were either taken and not replaced or left - so I appreciate good service. Only wish they had a hair dryer! The road in front whenever I check in on Fridays is super busy (kinda scary but what can you do!) - really nice to be able to walk over to either Tim Horton's or McDonalds for convenience!
I have several more trips to the area in the next two months and will stay here - NOT in Farmington which admittedly is more convenient!! Also appreciate the pet friendly policy and convenient parking.

Room Tip: no preference
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write such a nice review. I will share your comments with the staff. We are very excited about our newly renovated rooms and have many positive comments. Everyone loves our new rooms!! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Alexandria Bay, New York, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel has had a makeover and the rooms look great !
The wheelchair accessible room is wonderful, the bed is open underneath so make traveling with a person that needs a hoyer lift a breeze. It has made our trips to Rochester so much more comfortable. Nice roll in shower and the fridge,microwave and coffee maker are a bonus. They have also added coffemate tub creamers instead of powdered creamer :)
We stay at this particular location about 6 times a year or more if the room is available. Love Tim Hortons next door.
Room is very reasonably priced compared to all other hotels in Rochester especially if reservations are made in advance and very few accessible rooms have roll in showers.
Thanks
Amanda Patterson-Inzinna
Sam Inzinna

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your postive comments concerning your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Rochester. We are very excited about our newly renovated rooms and all our guests are very pleased with them.Thank you again for your nice review. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm not sure if we had one of the new rooms or old rooms, it was quiet since it was an interior room so there was no traffic noise. Upon entering the carpet had several dead leaves scattered about--odd for December, it had a fridge, micro and safe which we didn't use. My main complaint is in trying to save money on a room and accidentally leaving my nice chenille zip up hoodie in the room. I called only to find out that housekeeping never turned it in, and yes I know that it definitely was left in the room. So I have a negative view of this hotel now. You need honest employees to run your business from the bottom up.

Room Tip: Make sure you double check your room for your items before you leave
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a review concerning your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you felt the room was quiet. Unfortunately we did not have a hoodie in lost and found. We do keep items found in rooms and record that information. Hopefully you will stay with us the next time you are in Rochester and enjoy our newly renovated rooms !
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed here 2 different times the first time March 2012 wasnt too bad I brought my own blanket though so i slept well through the night theres a time hortons right next door which is convienent for breakfast and theres a wendys across the street seems more like a highway though the way cars are speeding by overall it was an ok stay.. as for the second stay June 2012 I didn't bring my own blanket so I used theirs. In the middle of the night I started itching everywhere , I'm not sure if they had bed bugs that were biting me or if the detergant they used on the bedding irritated my skin I ended up getting out of the bed, took a shower and did not return to that bed. Just sat on the chair they had in the room and waited for check out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stays with us in March and June of 2012. As you mentioned many of our guests do enjoy our close proximity to restaurants and Tim Hortons. If you ever have a problem or concern during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk. There is someone available 24 hours. We are excited that we are only two weeks from the completion of our renovation and look forward to seeing you in 2013.
Henrietta, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was disappointed when I showed up. But I was delightfully surprised when I got in my room. It is clean and new! But it is missing some of the very basics.
It has NO:
1. hairdryer
2. laundry bag
3. pen and paper
4. coffee pot
5. breakfast of any sort
6. TV channel info card
7. iron and board (like the last room I was in)
8. a box of tissues
9. free safe
So, I would say that the stuff I thought didn't matter, actually matter. They are really cheaping out on the amenities. Come on... a plastic bag for my laundry? Really?
The outside access to the room is a security risk from the 70's and they can't do anything to change this. So keep it in mind when you book your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We were happy to hear you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.