“Average-clothing left behind not turned in by housekeeping”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Average-clothing left behind not turned in by housekeeping”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm not sure if we had one of the new rooms or old rooms, it was quiet since it was an interior room so there was no traffic noise. Upon entering the carpet had several dead leaves scattered about--odd for December, it had a fridge, micro and safe which we didn't use. My main complaint is in trying to save money on a room and accidentally leaving my nice chenille zip up hoodie in the room. I called only to find out that housekeeping never turned it in, and yes I know that it definitely was left in the room. So I have a negative view of this hotel now. You need honest employees to run your business from the bottom up.

Room Tip: Make sure you double check your room for your items before you leave
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review concerning your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you felt the room was quiet. Unfortunately we did not have a hoodie in lost and found. We do keep items found in rooms and record that information. Hopefully you will stay with us the next time you are in Rochester and enjoy our newly renovated rooms !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed here 2 different times the first time March 2012 wasnt too bad I brought my own blanket though so i slept well through the night theres a time hortons right next door which is convienent for breakfast and theres a wendys across the street seems more like a highway though the way cars are speeding by overall it was an ok stay.. as for the second stay June 2012 I didn't bring my own blanket so I used theirs. In the middle of the night I started itching everywhere , I'm not sure if they had bed bugs that were biting me or if the detergant they used on the bedding irritated my skin I ended up getting out of the bed, took a shower and did not return to that bed. Just sat on the chair they had in the room and waited for check out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stays with us in March and June of 2012. As you mentioned many of our guests do enjoy our close proximity to restaurants and Tim Hortons. If you ever have a problem or concern during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk. There is someone available 24 hours. We are excited that we are only two weeks from the completion of our renovation and look forward to seeing you in 2013.
Henrietta, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was disappointed when I showed up. But I was delightfully surprised when I got in my room. It is clean and new! But it is missing some of the very basics.
It has NO:
1. hairdryer
2. laundry bag
3. pen and paper
4. coffee pot
5. breakfast of any sort
6. TV channel info card
7. iron and board (like the last room I was in)
8. a box of tissues
9. free safe
So, I would say that the stuff I thought didn't matter, actually matter. They are really cheaping out on the amenities. Come on... a plastic bag for my laundry? Really?
The outside access to the room is a security risk from the 70's and they can't do anything to change this. So keep it in mind when you book your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We were happy to hear you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Pelham, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the price, I was very happy with this hotel. It was very affordable and close to the highway and restaurants. There are no frills but the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We were happy to see that you felt our rooms were clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed at the Red Roof in Henrietta many times. This location is close to all Rochester has to offer in terms of shopping, restaurants, services, etc. Steps to Tim Horton's and McDonalds and very close to both the NYS Thruway and Interstate 390. Very clean and typical of most Red Roof's. Good, basic and affordable accomodations. I would recommend this Inn highly due to it's reasonable costs, cleanliness, and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased to know that you would recommend this Inn. We hope to see you again when you are in Rochester.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Needed a place to work and sleep for less than 8 hours. Pleasantly surprised with quality of the property for price paid. Room and bath were immaculate. Lighting was bright and plentiful, workspace small but adequate, rolling chair unexpected. Pillows were firm, bed was not the most comfortable but not terrible either. Blanket was a little meager for this part of the country & season.

Either this is a recent renovation or just a very well maintained property because finishes were not worn or dingy, and the room actually had some personality and warmth. Even a small touch like the curved shower curtain was unexpected. Free wifi was speedy enough. Tim Hortons, immediately adjacent, is open 24 hours. Convenient location about 10-15 minutes south of the city gets you on your way quickly in the morning, and there is a 24 hour diner (Jay's Diner) between downtown and the hotel on the same road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a reveiw. We were very excited to see all of your positive comments.Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Rochester.
New York
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Everything else was either booked or out of our price range as hotels have an interesting way of doubling their rates during big events but I digress. We stayed in one of their king rooms and needless to say, I was a little wary. Thank goodness the Red Roof surprised and impressed me. The room was clean and tastefully decorated, sans a gaudy curtain at the main window, and smelled clean. It was outfitted with a king bed with 4 pillows, a chest of drawers, big TV, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was even a cute work island with a great looking lamp. The bathroom was tiny but very nice and updated. It only contained a tub and toilet as the sink was located out in the room. I liked that feature. The sink counter was granite in a lovely color but really needed some sealing. The Red Roof did supply soap, enough towels, and shampoo. I missed having a hair dryer as I am used to hotels supplying them. One weird thing was that the room contained a safe and they charge you $1.50 if you use it. If you don't, you have to let them know at check out and they will take it off your bill. That is ridiculous and I told the workers that corporate needs to get rid of that scam.
The location of this Red Roof is great, right off the NYS Thruway and 390. It is sandwiched by Tim Hortons on one side and McDonalds on the other. We chose Tims in the morning for our breakfast but know the Red Roof lobby did have free coffee for their patrons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kampo5
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and impressed with our property. Hopefully you will stay with us again when you are in the Rochester area.