“better than average motel category without breakfast”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everything was functional and clean. I booked 3 rooms for the family. It could be actually cheaper by calling the hotel's toll free no. and ask for AAA/CAA discount than booking on line. While they don't provide breakfast, coffee/tea/hot water is always available in the lobby 24x7. The room has no fridge, no microwave nor coffee maker.

Anyway, we had one king size bed in one room. The other two were SMOKING ROOM each with 2 double bed. They ran out of non smoking room and I had to book the smoking room. It turned out the one smoking room had much stronger smell than the other. I guess it's luck of the draw but it still was not too bed. You can tell that the owner takes care of the place, every morning, I saw someone outside taking care of the properly, fixing up things, painting etc. All rooms were quiet. The neighbourhood seems safe and quiet overall.

One thing though, they told me the check out time was noon but, we left for breakfast, when we returned at 10am, they had already taken all sheets off the bed. So I would definitely put DO NOT DISTURB on the door next time on the day I check out.

Room Tip: book non smoking room otherwise it's quite hopeless to get one on the spot
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on your stay. I was glad to hear that you were pleased with out property. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Boston. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, and the bathroom was big. The hotel was close to all shopping and eateries. This is definitely a short term hotel, it does the job but I wouldn't stay as a long term for a holiday.
It was nice that there was a Tim Hortons literally right beside the hotel as we walked over and had breakfast before starting on our way in the morning. There were a multitude of restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner.
If you're looking for value and clean with no frills then this is the place

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was pleasant and the room was clean. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you are in the Rochester are.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I chose this place based on the reviews and the price. I think for the price we paid, it is good value.

The room is big enough. All the furnitures and fixtures are in good working condition. The bathroom looked new. The bed was comfortable. The front dest staff was friendly. The area seemed safe.

There are many better places nearby to stay if you are willing to pay 100% more.

Some suggestion for the manager: 1)The bath tub can use more scrubbing. 2) The carpet would look better with steam cleaning. 3) Insect control.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here because this is what I got through priceline. It was a HASSLE to change the room from two beds to a single bed (we need to as we're travelling with a toddler). Most other hotels I booked through priceline allowed changes directly with the hotel, but not Red Roof Inn. I had to call priceline to ask them to call Red Roof Inn, talk about inefficient. Apparently the hotel told us they can't change it on the computers, I also called the main reservation number as well as the hotel itself - really? You can't override the system??? Rooms were clearly available as I was able to "get" a single bed room using the reservation system, but they were just being stupid and making us go through the hassle. In the end we did get the single king bed, but it was a chore.

We were really not impressed. The photos looked decent and I read some of the reviews. However, our room was kind of dirty, when you look closely at the corners around some of the furniture, doesn't look like it's been vacuumed and there were some cobwebs - yuck.

I went to the front desk and asked for a "shower cap" to which I was told they had none. Really? First place I've stayed in that told me they had none. There was only one package of shampoo in the room and we had to go to the front desk to ask for more.

Only thing good maybe was that there was a Tim Hortons and McDonalds right next door. Other than that, if we come back to visit, we'll be staying elsewhere.

Last time ever staying at a Red Roof Inn. Not impressed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately any changes made to a reservation done through a third pary must be made with that party. I have reviewed your cleanliness issue with our housekeeper and made the necessary corrections. Though we have never had shower caps on this property, I will be ordering some to keep at the front desk because of your concern. I apologize again that your stay did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are again in the Rochester area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet and clean room. Staff was very helpful with anything we asked for. Tim Hortons just across the parking lot. A great restaurant next door called Peppermints. !/2 Hour from Genesse Country village and Museum. Excellent choice and will surely stay there again...and again....and again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Big shout out to Adam!
Quick help with reservation, great service, the way as it should be.
It was a six people trip to Niagara Falls and surrounding area. Found this hotel in the book with discount coupons. Got one night for $52.32 after tax which is great! Two beds, decent finish of the inside, clean, you get your towels soap and shampoo - which I was surprised, I thought they don't do this in the motels. I would give a good 3 star for this motel, I wasn't expecting that much for this price, and I was positively surprised :)

ps.
one dot for swimming pool and for restaurant, because there is no such, but hellou its a motel!

Room Tip: Great stay for the night at the great value. Get a coupon book, so you room will cost you around $52...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at a Red Roof many years ago in Florida and vowed never to repeat the experience. Fast forward to a motorcycle road trip, torrential down pours and a desperate dash for cover. Red Roof in Henrietta welcomed us with an updated lobby, friendly staff and a place to pull the bike under cover. We got the Superior King room, which was much much bigger than we were expecting and reasonably priced. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious, with all the amenities we needed. This isn't the old Red Roof experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple