“Not impressed - room not really clean, no shower cap...”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here because this is what I got through priceline. It was a HASSLE to change the room from two beds to a single bed (we need to as we're travelling with a toddler). Most other hotels I booked through priceline allowed changes directly with the hotel, but not Red Roof Inn. I had to call priceline to ask them to call Red Roof Inn, talk about inefficient. Apparently the hotel told us they can't change it on the computers, I also called the main reservation number as well as the hotel itself - really? You can't override the system??? Rooms were clearly available as I was able to "get" a single bed room using the reservation system, but they were just being stupid and making us go through the hassle. In the end we did get the single king bed, but it was a chore.

We were really not impressed. The photos looked decent and I read some of the reviews. However, our room was kind of dirty, when you look closely at the corners around some of the furniture, doesn't look like it's been vacuumed and there were some cobwebs - yuck.

I went to the front desk and asked for a "shower cap" to which I was told they had none. Really? First place I've stayed in that told me they had none. There was only one package of shampoo in the room and we had to go to the front desk to ask for more.

Only thing good maybe was that there was a Tim Hortons and McDonalds right next door. Other than that, if we come back to visit, we'll be staying elsewhere.

Last time ever staying at a Red Roof Inn. Not impressed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately any changes made to a reservation done through a third pary must be made with that party. I have reviewed your cleanliness issue with our housekeeper and made the necessary corrections. Though we have never had shower caps on this property, I will be ordering some to keep at the front desk because of your concern. I apologize again that your stay did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are again in the Rochester area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Very quiet and clean room. Staff was very helpful with anything we asked for. Tim Hortons just across the parking lot. A great restaurant next door called Peppermints. !/2 Hour from Genesse Country village and Museum. Excellent choice and will surely stay there again...and again....and again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Big shout out to Adam!
Quick help with reservation, great service, the way as it should be.
It was a six people trip to Niagara Falls and surrounding area. Found this hotel in the book with discount coupons. Got one night for $52.32 after tax which is great! Two beds, decent finish of the inside, clean, you get your towels soap and shampoo - which I was surprised, I thought they don't do this in the motels. I would give a good 3 star for this motel, I wasn't expecting that much for this price, and I was positively surprised :)

ps.
one dot for swimming pool and for restaurant, because there is no such, but hellou its a motel!

Room Tip: Great stay for the night at the great value. Get a coupon book, so you room will cost you around $52...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at a Red Roof many years ago in Florida and vowed never to repeat the experience. Fast forward to a motorcycle road trip, torrential down pours and a desperate dash for cover. Red Roof in Henrietta welcomed us with an updated lobby, friendly staff and a place to pull the bike under cover. We got the Superior King room, which was much much bigger than we were expecting and reasonably priced. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious, with all the amenities we needed. This isn't the old Red Roof experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've stayed at this Red Roof many times while attending concerts in Rochester. The prices for the rooms here are very reasonable. The room is quiet clean and spacious, and it's in a safe part of town.

There's a McDonald's next door to this place and you're within a five minute drive of a major mall and theatre. You're also 15 minutes from downtown Rochester by car.

Ironically I liked to stay here as this place never had a bed bug report (other hotels in Henrietta have them), however I see the reviewer below me got nailed by the bugs. That's unfortunate, and hopefully an isolated incident. I've always checked my room when I stayed and never saw anything or had any problems. I will likely go back, but will probably really check my mattress next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times over the past 10 years without issue. Always thought it was a good value and had fine service. Unfortunately, stayed here last month and got bedbugs. Horrible experience from which we're still suffering. Be warned...

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LMABRB18
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of the porperty. We appreciate that you mentioned our good value and fine service. However, I apologize for your last experience with us. Red Roof Inn takes this very seriously and all appropriate actions have been taken and the issue has been corrected. Please know this is not the normal standard at Red Roof Inn. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity when you visit the Rochester area.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This motel was exceptionally clean, newly remodeled, and had extremely friendly and helpful staff, at a very affordable price. It would be even better if it had a continental breakfast but there are several fast food joints and restaurants adjacent to it. If you want a hair dryer or clothing iron you have to get it at the front desk, but they very happily provided me with those items with prompt professionalism and courtesy. They also provided me with excellent directions to area locations. It is an excellent motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family