“good place, nice people, would return”

Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Westminster
“good place, nice people, would return”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Front desk lady great. called after we checked jn to see if we were satisfied. Clean, confortable, convenient, and reasonable for our budget. Would easily return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bobollie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Hi there,
My husband and I stayed here on April 23 and have never had a more disgusting, terrible stay in my life of travelling!!!!!!

Our first room we got had some many pubic hairs from the previous person that we had to get a new room. I was disgusted that no one changed the sheets and had made the bed over this mess. I wished I had taken pictures of this because I would have loved to comment on this. On top of that, I had to go get my "NEW CLEAN" sheets for my other room. Lack of customer service.
Our next room was a little bit better, with clean sheets given to us by the woman there, the radiator was broken and the computer chair had a nastyyyy sweat stain on it. I took pictures of the chair because I was so fed up with the NON-quality of this location, I have attached for your viewing.

This stay was absolutely horrible and I was so grossed out by the lack of quality and cleaniness of the room.

I know that my husband and I will avoid Red Roof Inn at all costs next time!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
PamPeri, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rochester Henrietta, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
I apologize for the negative issues you encountered during your stay with us. Please know that this is not the standard of service at our hotel. I have checked the rooms in question and have corrected any issues that I found. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to show you the excellent service that we extend to our guests. Thank you.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. Can't beat the price, location and value! Nice clean room with microwave, fridge. Check in and out was a breeze. Could not hear any of the neighbors through the walls. Bed was comfortable.

If you're looking for basic, clean accomodations at a great price you cannot beat this motel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Rented the deluxe king room-Upon entering it will seem dim lit-don't be concerned there are five other lights to adjust brightness to your preference. The deluxe featured an L shaped desk/work area, a fridge and microwave, sink outside bathroom, and smal bathroom with toliet and a large bathtub shower w/curved rod. Wi-fi worked great. Loved that you could adjust the temperature control in your room. Amenities were basic, this is the type of place you want if you are looking for a warm clean place to sleep. Were on the top floor and had no issues with noise. Staff were friendly. This Red Roof is in the perfect Rochester Location. On one side is McDonald's the other Tim Hortons (coffee/doughnuts), across is Wendy's. For family's Peppermints is right next to McDonald's within walking distance and Leighigh restaurant across. We went to peppermints a family owned establishment that had great atmosphere and good selection of homemade food it was nice break from the fast food variety. Marketplace mall and shopping plazas a short drive down street and RIT/MCC nearby. The only con was they only gave us two bath towels but when I called the desk they accomodated us with three more-just had to go pick them up. While there is no coffee in the room the desk lobby has coffee for guests, there's also a room next to it with vending and ice. Make sure you ask to get the safe fee removed if you don't use it otherwise they automatically charge you the $1.50. I felt safe here we walked to the restaurant no problems, the room had a pad lock too. My favorite feature of the hotel is that check in is 1pm check out 12pm.

PS-I work at a college and have witnessed our bed bug inspector in action I did the check here and found nothing it was clean and seems to be an updated facility

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank wrightbros360
Ontario
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Fairly typical Red Roof Inn - convenient to the turnpike and located between a Tim Horton's and a MacDonald's. A third party was paying for our room and the paperwork was initially "lost." Front desk person seemed stressed out. Got checked in and found the room clean and comfortable for an overnight stay. We always bring out own big down pillows, huge soft towels from home, and a hair dryer just to ensure comfort when Red Roofing. They have new linens which are okay, new mattresses would be nice. Weather was winter dodgy. Huge icicles hanging from the second floor were melting. Took the dog for a walk and when coming back slipped on a patch of black ice that had formed under the icicles. Luckily my hooded, down-filled parka saved me from serious injury - just a bruised buttock. Scared my husband half to death to see me lying there on the cement. I advised the front desk and they said someone would put down salt when they got a chance. No concern expressed about my fall. I was worried others would fall in the same way. Two hours later, the cement walkways remained icey. At checkout, I was asked about my stay and told a manager-type about the fall and my concern that salt should have been spread . He shrugged and said it is a constant problem that they can't keep up with. What's with that? Later in the trip, we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Amherst, NY and the excellent management team there was out early in the morning clearing off the icicles and laying down loads of salt. I think the Henrietta RRI should adopt such a program for the safety of guests. I would recommend it to overnight travellers on a budget with pets. Just tred carefully.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Had to wait to checkin, the front desk person was out for 10 minutes. But once he arrived, he had everything already filled out and he gave me a key within 60 seconds. Room 152 looked very nice on entry with comfortable bedding, large desk and work area, and large bathroom counter. Room smelled a little of mold. McDonalds next door, Wendy’s across the street. No refrigerator or microwave. Air conditioner worked great, and sounded like a jet engine with some problems. Loudest I have ever heard in a hotel. I reported it at the front desk and they indicated some of the A/C units do have problems. The bed was older and the front desk indicated they are slowly replacing the beds, and while I was there at truck did pull up delivering one new bed. Internet was frustratingly slow. Could not bring up google maps. Watch out for safe fee, you don’t have to pay for it if you don’t use it, but you must request that the fee be removed. $52 + 14%Tax which I would consider high. I would stay here again, nice location with easy access to Tollway and Rochester at a great rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
WAYLAND
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is a great value hotel. It's cheap at only $50 and its clean. It is a two minute walk to a 24 hour Tim Hortons, McDonalds, and a convinience store. The location is on a very busy road and is a little loud, however. You can hear the traffic from the room and doesn't make for a great nights sleep.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business