“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
New York
“Very nice hotel.”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed here several times during the past two months. My husband was a Strong hospital patient and also had appointments at Dr. Joseph's office. Since we live out of town it was easier to stay at the hotel and take the shuttle to the hospital and appointments. The hospital made our arrangements and gave us a special rate, which was very inexpensive.
We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was quite good.
The hotel is clean, neat and comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. The shuttle drivers go out of their way to accommodate you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are a hospital patient.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Rosleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore,MD
Reviewed May 21, 2009

As a business traveler I rely on chain property's not only because of consistency but also because of the various hotel reward programs. Off the bat, that makes me a little biased against this hotel because it is an independent hotel.

The hotel is comfortable though a little dated. Parts of the hotel retain beautiful exposed brick and wood but the floor I was on, the fourth floor, lost this charm as everything was painted over in white. The rooms are comfortable if nothing special, though they do have new flat screen TV's with an excellent selection of over 50 cable channels (including the YES network, which broadcasts New York Yankee games, and Sports NY, which broadcasts NY Mets games).

It should be noted that students from the Rochester Institute of Technology live at the hotel, but the ones that I encountered were very nice and didn't cause any disruption while I was staying here.

Pros:
Clean, comfortable rooms
Polite and helpful staff
Good Location near 390 and I90
Lots of free parking

Cons:
No rewards program, which only matters to me because I am a frequent traveler
Slightly dated feel to the whole property

All in all a perfectly pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Ilion, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My family and I stay here about 2 per year and it is wonderful. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable.
The service is friendly and the restaurant serves delicious meals at decent prices.
If you are passing through the area this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank misssammibaby
N.Y.
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Very comfortable, pretty rooms. all re-done recently. Comfortable beds, nice comforters, sheets, pillows. attractive, clean, well maintained older property that may have seen its heyday in years past, but is still a great place to stay a few days for leisure or, as a comfortable spot close to Strong Hospital. Pool, hot tub, sauna a plus. Dining room is cafeteria style -pretty decor, helpful staff, fairly inexpensive prices . Can be filled with lots of college students at times, but has not been a problem. Some cooks were helpful and very good- one was not. Hotel runs a free shuttle to Strong Hospital which is a great help to those who need it. Overall, our family is grateful to be able to stay here at reduced rates for hospital patients when we need to.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We had an absolute wonderful time at this hotel. Although there were renovations going on the hotel was clean, and the staff top notch; very kind and helpful.
I haved stayed any many places and this has to be one of the best. Reasonable price for the ammenities provided.
I will stay here everytime I am in Rochester!!

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ny
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I would not sugest this hotel to anyone. We were there for my sick mother staying at strong. The hotel was dirty called 3 times to have my room cleaned. (found apple core under bed).They had signs stated they were redoing the roof (due to espistises) Just filty

• Liked — staff was nice
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank iluv2shopNy
connecticut
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We stayed at RIT Inn as recommended when be scheduled my daughters campus tour. The hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating but they seemed equally frustrated by the inconveniences of renovations. I later learned that RIT has recently acquired this property and are doing major renovations. I imagine that when complete, the property will be great. However, be aware that under current conditions, I would not recommend more than a one night stay. We learned after arrival that there are other hotels that are more convenient to campus. There was construction dirt throughout. The construction workers were very friendly and appologetic. The room itself was reasonably clean, However, neither my daughter or I wanted to use the shower due to the significantly chipped enamel in the tub and the bathroom floor grout needs much attention. While the hotel advertises wireless access, we learned that it was unavailable in the rooms due to the construction. The lobby was wireless and later in the evening, the hotel staff provided a cable connection and managed to turn on internet in the room. An evening search for ice sent me on a scavenger hunt. Following the sign nearest our room fell empty. I did eventually discover ice and vending in another part of the building and also discovered the conference side of the property which looked quite nice. If this is an indication of what is to come, it has promise. My recommendation is to ask a few extra questions before booking your reservation. They do offer an attractive RIT rate.

• Liked — staff tried to be accommodating
  • Disliked — construction inconveniences
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)