“Great hotel & even better employees!!!”

RIT Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Webster, New York
“Great hotel & even better employees!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel itself is nice but it was the staff that overwhelmed us. From the minute we entered the hotel up and throughout check out, every hotel employee we encountered was friendly, and genuinely wanted to make sure we enjoyed our visit. Our room was very clean and our kids really enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools!

Room Tip: We wanted and asked for a room close to the pools but not right next to them and that is exactly wha...
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Clay, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our soccer club, which consisted of 5 teams (over 50+ rooms), stayed in this hotel. The hotel was suggested by the tournament travel agent. While most of the parents did not have any complaints, the biggest complaint by far from the ones who did was the mold/mildew smell of some of the rooms and they asked to be moved. The hotel definitely needed some updating and from the scaffolding noticed around the complex, it appears some of that is being done.

Some complained of not having a refrigerator or microwave in their room which are usually pretty standard, and some complained of the hotel not offering any breakfast. Some team members stayed at the Fairfield Inn nearby the night before and said that it was a 5* hotel compared to RIT; plus it included breakfast, had the added ammenities and was the same price. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean- it was just the smell.

The Sales staff was VERY helpful in guiding us with arrangements for a 150+ person team party that weekend and I think that helped take people's minds of the issues since their kids were having fun. However, all that being said, I heard many people say throughout the weekend they would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Utica, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I didn't know what to expect but I was pleased with my stay. .especially since we had a refrigerator and microwave, I look forward to staying again the room was just spacious enough.. It was clean, the staff was courteous I loved having the guide channel big plus for my husband and next time looking forward to the pool. ! Nice weight room..thanks

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy W
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was nervous at first - painted brick walls...dated decor...dry erase boards on the doors (it's an overflow dorm). But once I adjusted my expectations I liked this place just fine. I was there for a conference and stayed 5 nights. I guess I would say that staying here is a little like staying at your relatives' house - you don't expect anything fancy but it's comfortable and the people are mostly friendly. The restaurant is like a small cafeteria but the custom omelet, potatoes and bacon cost me $5 as opposed to the $20 one I had at Denny's. The shuttle is great - they will drive you wherever you want to go within a 5 mile radius. The catered meals for our event were pretty good, although I have to eat gluten-free food and I'm not entirely sure they knew what this meant because I got steamed rice, fish and green beans with no sauce or seasoning. Although this is better than the usual plate of lettuce that many places give me.
This hotel offers very inexpensive rooms to people who are either patients or family of patients at the local hospital, so there were several people who had been living at the hotel for quite some time while a loved one waited for a transplant or had other lengthy procedures.
One of the elevators was broken and this caused some extra walking and I actually got lost one day. Overall, I'd say the RIT Inn is fine for the price as long as you aren't expecting the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok property but requires updating. Rooms were clean, but phone did not work. Had to call front desk using mobile phone. Sliding door did not lock and low water pressure. Quiet area and street noise was not an issue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We attended a wedding reception and spent the night at the RIT Inn. Our room was quite comfortable and pretty spacious. Although the elevator freaked us out a little bit (pretty jerky stops and starts with just enough bounce to scare you) we were pleasantly surprised. The reception was very nice. The room was decorated nicely. And our food (prime rib and chicken) was really very good and there was enough of it to make my husband happy.
A very nice place to have a reception and not worry about guests driving after having a couple of drinks.

Room Tip: The dinner was very good. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom was quite spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The RIT Inn is a relaxing place to stay. The rooms are nice but they have one issue. The mirror in the bathroom will steam over when showering. WIFI works in some rooms, not all. The restaurant is okay but a bit under par. I prefer to eat out. The inn has a nice pool and workout room. The bottom line is that I like staying there and I always return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family