All reviewscracker barrelbedroom suitehome away from homefull kitchennext morninghilton brandbreakfast barpull out sofawe've stayedoff the highwayfitness centercomplimentary breakfastshopping and restaurantsvery nice hotelrochester henriettabed was very comfortableoatmeal
Reviewed July 13, 2017

The service and greeting was exceptional and equal to a 5 star. I do want to take time to show my gratitude to the following who helped make my stay as good as it was. I plan on returning in Sept, 2017 Brent, General Mgr Nicole, Front Desk Mgr. Frank, Maintenance Supv. Colleen and Mary, Kitchen and food service.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Matt C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

882lawrencek,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We were so happy to have you and appreciate your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back again in September! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I travel a lot for business but this time it was for pleasure. I took my wife, the grandkids, their mother up to Genesee County to see my wife's family, especially her mother. I reserved two rooms at the Homewood Suites in Henrietta, NY. I went with Homewood Suites because I had stayed at with this chain before for business in other places and my experience was pretty good so I figured the lodging experience for me, my wife, grandkids and their mother would be good enough to be part of a great memory of the trip.

(Sigh) This hotel has let me down. I will preface it by saying the staff at the hotel was worthy of praise although there was one huge screw up I will get into later. The overall design of this hotel was very complicated. Getting to your room was like working your way through a maze. Whoever was the architect for this hotel should be beaten. You make your way to the elevator, and there is only one and it is not enough for a hotel of this size. We were on the third and top floor, and to get to our room you went down one long hallway, then right down another long hallway. It didn't take much to get lost.

When we got to the room it was clean enough, however, there were a lot of problems. We had a suite with a bedroom and main room. In the bedroom, there was a ceiling fan with light kit. The lens of the light kit was missing exposing naked bulbs. This hotel is obviously family oriented because there really wasn't enough outlets in the bedroom. I use a CPAP machine to sleep and I got accustomed to having lamps with outlets built into them so I can easily plug in my CPAP machine. There were none. I was also accustomed to charging station with both AC receptacles and USB ports. There were none. This is not the place to go if you have multiple devices to power and recharge.

The bed was HORRIFIC!. The mattress was so soft it was like sleeping on marshmallows. I prefer Hilton family hotels because they are all known for firm beds but not this place. The bedding didn't seem to fit the bed. The fitted sheets kept popping off the mattress driving my wife and me nuts. The top sheet didn't seem large enough for the bed with us in it so one of us was covered by the top sheet but both of us were covered by the quilted duvet so you had the fitted sheet off the mattress getting tangled with the top sheet and the duvet. My wife did not sleep well at all. The bathroom had peeling wallpaper by the toilet paper dispenser, and the roll of toilet paper was low.

I will credit the housekeepers with doing a good job and we tipped them well. However, there was a tremendous screw-up. Now I admit I was forgetful. For my birthday, I got two boxes of pastries from a dear friend who is a pastry chef in Florida. I left them in the refrigerator. Ten minutes after checking out we realized we left them behind and called the hotel and requested that they secure those pastries because we were returning to pick them up. We told them we would be back in a couple of hours for them. When I arrived at the hotel to pick up those pastries I asked the desk clerk for them and she radioed the housekeeper supervisor. They made me wait for close to a half-hour nothing. We had to get going back home and had a seven-hour trip ahead of us so I forced the issue. The desk clerk told me that the housekeeper working that area of the hotel wasn't done giving me the impression she had not got to the room I had. Turns out she did clean the room and dumped those pastries. As you can imagine I was upset. What pissed me off was is they TOLD US they would have those pastries for us when we returned and they didn't. Then made me wait a half hour when apparently they had to know those pastries were already disposed of. If they had told me they couldn't save those pastries I could accept that but to tell they would save them and then didn't do it. Then exacerbate matters by having me wait for a half-hour was ridiculous.

I do not recommend this hotel for more experienced travelers. How they do things will irritate you.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Matt C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Brodiem,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We're sorry if you felt confused by the L shaped property layout. The front desk does provide a property map if needed and there is also one in each guest room directory. We apologize for the issues with your pastries. We will be discussing this with the staff and their handling of such issues. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Rochester. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This was a great room and hotel for the money. I reserve the highest rating for places that blow me away (for the money), this was not quite that, but a close second. It was a great value, just not luxurious. The place was very clean and well kept, almost any amenity you could want was available. The pool was too small for adults to really swim but perfect for small children. I found the fitness room to be great, complete with elliptical and a large ball (which I use at home) as well as treadmills and weights. I used this area twice during my one night stay! Breakfast are was clean and large offering numerous choices including oatmeal with 6 choices of toppings. The bed was a king size, plenty big and super comfortable. There was a privacy door between the bedroom and the kitchen/living are that was also useful. 2 tv's in case a family needed to spend time in separate areas of the room. I didn't use the kitchen but noticed it was clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great value.

Room Tip: great value if you need kitchen and family accommodations
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

poharris,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts about your stay. We're glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and what we have to offer. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in Rochester. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Unclean floors in the rooms. Trash overflowing and bird poop all over the entrance ways! Staff was not helpful at all ! Breakfast was just so so. We would not recommend this hotel ! Contacted front desk about the issues but they did nothing!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Matt C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Ms. Walkowicz,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced. You should have received responses to all your emails. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

The Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta is a very nice hotel south of the city of Rochester NY. It's about 10 minutes to get into the city. There is easy expressway access and a 24 hour market right across the street for late night snack and a mall and huge strip mall on the other side of the expressway to stock up on those items you forgot at home.

The check in process was quick and painless with the friendly and welcoming staff. The lobby area is very nice, and exceptionally fancy for a hotel in this price range. Our room was a large suite with a separate bedroom, fold out sofa-bed, kitchenette, and bathroom off to the side. There was plenty of space to stretch out and the breakfast bar easily handled 2 laptops. The Wifi worked great and the linens were of a nice quality, clean and fluffy. The bed was super comfortable.

I didn't use the pool but it looked nice and clean. I did use the fitness center, which included 2 treadmills, an elliptical, some free weights, exercise balls, and other gear. Everything worked great and it was a comfortable atmosphere.

The breakfast bar had mini-omelettes, sausages and hashed browns, yogurt, various breads, juices and grains, oatmeal, etc. The staff kept everything stocked very nicely and it was a clean, well maintained area.

I would certainly stay here again and encourage anyone traveling to the Rochester area to do the same.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

adavici,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Thanks again!