“Disappointed this round”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Beachwood, United States
“Disappointed this round”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The kitchen staff is always very very friendly for both dinner and breakfast. The room was very dirty which I had not experienced when there previously. First floor is not recommended due to both noise and lack of cleeanliness in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Kara Kane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rensselaer, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel weekly for my line of work, I prefer to stay in Homewood Suites, as they do not feel entirely like a hotel room. I checked into my room and began unpacking for my week ahead. I began ironing my clothes and noticed things under my bare feet. I inspected and found bobby-pins with hair attached to them on the floor. I picked them up because it turned my stomach. From there I went to inspect the bathroom and the same strands of hair were in the bathroom. I checked the bed and the bed had fresh linens. (Thank goodness) The next day I left for work and was gone 14 hours. When I entered my room I looked to see if the bathroom had been cleaned, and inspected the carpet.... Neither had been cleaned. I decided to not bring this to the hotels attention until check out, because I wanted to see if It could be a particular staff and having managed a hotel I understand the stress that staff endure. Upon check out I told the front desk clerk that my room had not been cleaned and I was very disappointed. The staff member said, I'm sorry and that was the end of it. I would not recommenced this hotel to my fellow travelers as I felt it rated poorly on cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Kristoffer M
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Kristoffer,

Thank you for sharing this candid feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to address the issues you encountered. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority, and we invite you to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to our city so we may better demonstrate the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Kara Kane
kara.kane@pillarhotels.com
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for a few night for a family function in the area. The hotel was great. Staff friendly and helpful. Just off the interstate but quiet. There is a cracker barrel next door. Hot breakfast had a good selection. Coffee and tea was available all day and when we asked for a bit of milk for the tea in the afternoon (only had creamers out)- it was not a problem. The kitchen was a good size as were the rooms. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank windmillpoint
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for posting to Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rochester soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel for a stop along the way with young kids. The staff is exceptional. Friendly and always helpful. And really lovely and patient with our young (and sometimes crazy) children. They've always provided a pack 'n play when needed which is a huge convenience. The kids loved the pool and the included meals are incredibly convenient. It's also great to have an affordable place to stay that has an actual suite with a separate bedroom so we can put the kids to bed and not have to sit in silence in the dark for fear of waking them up! And the time we stayed when dinner was not served (they don't offer it every night of the week), it was easy and convenient to head to the Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot. We stay en route to another destination so it's always convenient to access this hotel from the road and get back on the road the next day.

1 Thank Jessica G
Thank you for choosing the HOmewood Suites Rochester on your visit to the area. I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rochester.

Thanks again,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Homewood Suites in Henretta New York was used by our hockey team for a recent stay during a hockey tournament and the hotel staff and accomodation were excellent. Furthermore, the hotel location provided easy access to all major highways and nearby facilities.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your post about the Homewood Suites. We try to do our best to make all of our groups and other guests as happy as possiable.

Thanks,
Waterloo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a queen suite, it was large and comfortable. Bathroom was big which was nice since we were getting ready for a cheering competition. The kitchen was great. We enjoyed the breakfast, it was stocked well and they had a good variety. One couple stopped on their way out and only had a second to grab coffee and the girl was so nice and grabbed them a to go bag, they really appreciated her helping them out. The pool was warm, I wish they had had a hot tub for me though!! Was very clean and affordable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting to Trip Advisor, I have shared your comments with our team and glad that you enjoyed your time in Rochester.

Memphis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Although this hotel is a little older in furnishing & appearance, I felt the hotel staff was very nice and accommodating, the breakfast daily was excellent and the service very prompt. The equipment in the fitness center was average. This hotel has a very convenient location.

1 Thank Angela H
Thank you for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor.