All reviewscracker barrelbedroom suitehome away from homefull kitchennext morninghilton brandbreakfast barpull out sofawe've stayedoff the highwayfitness centercomplimentary breakfastshopping and restaurantsvery nice hotelrochester henriettabed was very comfortableoatmeal
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travel around the world a lot and stay mostly in top hotels (see my travel map and forum post). I don’t normally give reviews about the hotels in general but this place makes me feel special! The first morning we were late for breakfast and hence only a few blue berries and strawberries left for my waffle. I asked the server (whom I haven’t met before) and she went into the kitchen and bought me the last few. (She could easily say ‘none left’) The next morning we were late again as we were on vacation, she bought a whole bowl of fresh strawberries to our table even though the menu has changed - this is what I call ‘exceptional service’!
The previous reviewer mentioned stench of cigarette smell. This also happened to my first stay few years back. However they had tried to ratify it by trying to book me into a different hotel in the same area as they were overbooked. In the end they moved me to a different room the next day and the manager refunded me for the first night. This indicated to me they do try - you got to let them know if you are not happy. Of cause everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Although I am no longer a HH Gold Member since I retired, the manager still recognised us from previous stays. She greeted us and found time to chat to us about the places we visited in the area. In fact, I am more than satisfied with everything and no doubt will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are HH member you can ‘e-check-in’ and choose your suite 24 hours before. I always let the front desk know if I’m not happy rather than moaning afterward.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for posting to trip advisor about your stay. It is great to hear that you had another positive stay. Thank you for much for posting the great photos while you were at the hotel, the sun set photo is great.
Look forward to seeing you again next year,
Kara

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We did a 2 nite stay at this hotel this past weekend in attending RIT Family weekend. We had a AAA rate and assume that since this was a discounted rate we got one of the lousy suites. FIrst upon entering we noted that our 2 window view was of the heating and cooling systems with absolutely no sky or land view. We could not even tell if it was day or night. Since that was the case the fan system was housed in a closet in the master bedroom which was quite loud and it came on several times a nite.
Most disappointing was the dirty sheets and blanket on the pull out couch. My guess is that the previous tenants folded up the bed and left it that way. However housekeeping should have noted that since they did put clean sheets and blanket in the closet ( noting they were used on the pull out).
Our end of the hall was quiet and the hotel itself did not look full so we probably could have gotten a better suite had we asked or at the very least an even better rate. We paid too much for this type of stay. Not sure if we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Find out what roooms do not have an obstructed view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment as we strive to make sure all guests are comfortable in their accommodations. The next time you stay with Homewood Suites please try our Suite Selection tool which allows you to reserve the exact suite you want. Once again, I apologize you were disappointed in the location and housekeeping of your room and we welcome you to stay with us again so we can show you the true quality and value of staying with us.

Kara

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I checked in around 6:30 and quickly went to my room and dropped my bags off. I did notice a smell but was not sure what it was. I ran out for dinner will business associates and I returned around 11:00 PM.

When I got to my room the stench of cigarette smell was so BAD! I called the front desk as I did not want to get charged a cleaning charge for the smell. I told the front desk guy that it was so bad and if I wasnt so tired I would demand another room. That was my mistake I shoudl have changed rooms.

The next morning when I checked out (with a burn in my nose and throat) the front desk person said "how was everything"?. I said disgusting...she said oh, sorry (didnt even ask what it was). I said the smell of cigs was so bad, I should have changed rooms. SHe said I am sorry, and continued to check me out. I said yes it is unacceptable that housekeeping would naot have noticed that when they cleaned the room, completely unacceptable. She said "I will let them know"......that was it.....nothing else to make a customer happy ...

All of this for $161.10 a night plus tax ......

I will not stay here again ........

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post on Trip advisory. I would first like to personally apologize for the experience that you had while staying at our Homewood Suites. I have gone ahead and given you 15,000 Hilton points on your account for the experience that you had. I have shared your issues with all of my staff to insure that this does not happen to any other guest. Thank you for being a loyal Gold member with Hilton Honors.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite--two bedrooms, two baths, with a full kitchen and family room--perfect for traveling with a teenager. Add a full hot breakfast, friendly staff, very clean and comfortable, and you've got our new favorite place to stay in Rochester. Our only reservation was that the beds were a little soft, but that's just personal preference; for some, that might be a plus. Unlike many other hotels that offer a free breakfast, this one has plenty of room to eat and spread out. It's a great location, easy on/off the Route 390, minutes from downtown, two enormous malls, and the Rochester Institute of Technology. Very nice breakfast selection: eggs, bacon, bagels, cereals, muffins, fruit and yogurt.

Room Tip: If you're visiting a college, ask for college rate. Ours beat AAA.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about our hotel. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with my team. Also as the beds are great for some guests we do have other guests that do feel they are to soft, there for we have bed boards that we can put under the mattress to make it firmer for you, please make sure that next time you come to visit you just let the front desk know you would like one and we can have it put in your room. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks again, Kara

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Only spent one night at the property before flying out early the following morning from Rochester Airport. It is in a good location right off Interstate 390, ten minutes from the airport and five minutes from a boatload of restaurants. It is a very typical Homewood Suites - clean and roomy. I stayed on a Sunday night, so cannot comment on the evening food, but the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay at the Homewood Suites in Rochester. It is always our goal is make sure all of our guests are 100% satiisfied while staying.