“Continues to be a solid restaurant”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Henrietta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Bethesda, Maryland
“Continues to be a solid restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant again after a year's lapse and found it just as good as when we visited last year--possibly better. For appetizer's, we went with the spinach dip and the firecracker chicken wraps--the wraps were particularly tasty. The salads were good, nothing to rave about, but the steaks and prime rib were excellent. Our wait staff amply and attentively served our 8-person table with all dishes as ordered. We were there on a Monday night almost alone but we would definitely go back. Although they don't take reservations, I called an hour in advance to see if seating 8 people would be a problem. They said no, but suggested we call when we were on our way so that they could have the table ready. And, it was. Very accommodating. Good meal, fair price. If you have a large party, be sure to check your bill; they did add a 15+% tip--but they didn't mention that they had done so when they brought the bill. To be fair, however, it was written in small print on the bill that a tip had been charged and I could add more if I wanted to.

• Visited August 2013

Irondequoit, New York
“Hit and Miss Evening”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The only reason we ate here was that I had a gift card - we generally avoid chains because they are on such tight profit margins the quantity of food never matches the price.

This was a Saturday night, so we called ahead - when we arrived we were given a pager and told there was a 4 minute wait. That 4 minutes was actually 20 minutes. What concerned me was that the restaurant was half empty, so why the wait to seat us and the other people waiting? I immediately thought that there wasn't enough staff on duty. (Not good)

When the manager walked us to our table he asked how we were and I said I was cold so he sat us at a booth in the back and explained that he changed our table to one without an A/C vent above it (Good). As we walked through however, there were many tables not bussed or wiped down after plates were removed (not good). Our waitress was there promptly, took our drink orders and was back in a flash with our drinks and warm bread (good) and took our orders.

As we waited we ate bread (but there wasn't nearly enough butter). Meanwhile, the large table of 10 or so next to us left. No one came to clear off the tables. Our salads arrived - I had a caesar salad - it was warm and bland (not good), the best part of it was the shaved cheese that was on one side. My husbands garden salad was cooler but overloaded with croutons and the cucumber was chopped small and hard to pick out (he forgot to ask for no cukes).

We asked for and received more bread (good). Our dinners arrived, I had a huge sweet potato and this one inch wide 6 inch long s-shaped piece of meat that was supposed to be a flat iron steak. I cut into it and it was well-done - I ordered Medium rare (not good). My husband had a sirloin and it was a good size and properly cooked (good), but his "loaded" baked potato was really just sprinkled (not good). The waitress came and took my steak away for a replacement. I did have a few pieces of the sirloin and my sweet potato while I waited.

Meanwhile - that large table next to us, and now a booth that emptied, still had not been bussed (not good and starting to bother me)

My replacement steak arrived, it had to be 3 times the size of the 1st one (good). I was asked to cut into it to make sure it was cooked correctly and it was rare to the point of raw (not good). She offered to take it away but I said to leave it - I would prefer it undercooked as I could eat the outer portion and when I reheated the leftovers they would cook up fine. I was able to eat about half - it was very tasty but by this time I had eaten a lot of bread and potato and some of my hubbys steak. The manager came over and apologized and said he took the steak off our bill - if they couldn't get it right in two tries we shouldn't have to pay (excellent!).

As I ate, the hostess and another staff person FINALLY cleaned off those tables next to us. However, she stood at one end of the long tables and sprayed the cleaner all the way to other end - I cringed to see the spray going all over the place, but at least they were cleaned right? Apparently they had another large party coming in otherwise I don't think that table would ever have been cleared. However, there was food all over the floor that was NOT cleaned (not good) and was quite disgusting. The next party just walked all over it - yuck.

We ordered Key Lime Pie for dessert to use up the balance on the card. I liked it but it didn't need the lime and raspberry syrups that were artfully arranged on the plate, and the whipped cream seemed fresh (good).

Our bill was a few cents below the gift card and we tipped the waitress 25% and told her the service was excellent. It was the best part of the evening. I haven't been to the Lone Star Steakhouse yet to compare, but the Texas Roadhouse beat this place hands down.

I hope the cleanliness was just because someone on the wait staff called in sick and the manager couldn't find a replacement and not indicative of the usual staffing levels to make better margin. He was very accommodating between seating me in a warmer area and comping us the steak, so I felt he did a great job in the customer relations area. But a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...

• Visited July 2013
Clinton, New Jersey
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I live in NJ and frequent a Longhorn Steakhouse close by. The food and service are always excellent. My family attended a graduation at RIT and chose the Longhorn Steakhouse in Henrietta for a graduation lunch for 12 of us. We were seated right away (we called ahead for a time) and had excellent, friendly service. All of the orders were correct. The food was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We couldn't be happier. I wish I could remember our server's name to give her credit here.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, NY
“Challenging Experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A Saturday evening out with another couple. The hour + wait was expected and was an accurate expectation by the hostess. In the crowd there was some mention of a call ahead service but I could not confirm it. We were seated within 5 minutes of the time given us once we checked in. the property was very clean and new looking. The staff was very gracious given the large waiting crowd. There was no room in the waiting area of bar and several patrons chose to use the foyer and outside in the cold temps. Our server met us immediately and took drink orders. One error was noted in the drinks that could be marked up to the noise in the dining room. When the dinner order was taken the server led us well through the specials. There current special is a 2 for $25 deal and ended up to be of good value. The appetizers came out staggered. Soups all arrived together as did the salads. The main course was delivered by staff other than out server and one side was wrong. It took some time to get that corrected. The steaks all appeared the same and we could not determine which was the upscale cut. A manger checked in a pointed it out but we remained at a loss o how one could tell. Drink refills were slow, but not unexpected given the crowd. The bill came back wrong with some items added incorrectly and this required a separate request to get corrected. The food was decent and despite the crowd we were able to converse with ease. I would debate returning at least to this one site.

• Visited March 2013
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and ambience”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had lunch and stayed all afternoon talking. Staff very accomodating. The food was fresh and tasty. Deserts looked scrumptous though I didn't try any. Calamari was great!

Visited February 2013