“Immaculate, plain, great staff”

Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Doylestown Pa
“Immaculate, plain, great staff”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stayed here for two nights while visiting colleges in the area. Our room was immaculate. Bathroom was clean but small and plain. Easy access to Rochester, Geneseo, Letchworth State Park, Finger Lake area. Brought our dog - great grassy area to walk her. Sue (evening staff) was so professional and helpful with our room and telling us where to find the best homemade ice cream and a park to play with our dog. Once in our room, we didn't hear the other guests. Not many choices for restaurants out this way (except for ice cream - skip the shiny new place and continue on to the family-run store on the motel's map), but we had fabulous food in the cafe at Wegmans grocery store. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fredericksburg, Va
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This Super 8 is a good choice for budget travelers. It is easily located right off the highway, close to fast food restaurants. It was quiet and had plenty of parking. At check-in, the clerk changed our room to accommodate our desire for access to a grassy area for our dog. Do not believe the extremely bad reviews of others; for $68 you get what you pay for. This was a better than average Super 8.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bath, NY
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We love to shop in this area, so decided to stay over night. We weren't able to find our normal 4 or 5 star hotel so we chose this one. I peaked into a few lobbies and this one was really nice. Our suite was clean and comfortable and it was just fine for one night. Not too far from shopping but not in the mix of things either and sometimes that's nice. We'd stay here again if needed. I try to keep it real with my reviews, we aren't overly picky folks and at the same time like to get what we pay for. This was a good stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel last Thanksgiving for a quick overnight to break up a long drive. Expecting just the basics we were horrified at what that hotel has become. We’ve stayed here twice before for the same reason with no issues, it is a very basic hotel. This time was exceptionally bad. We found an empty condom box in the night stand drawer, a charming touch I’d say. My husband noticed that the head board was full of head grease, another charming touch. And the most charming? The pillows were stained. Needless to say we left as fast as we could and went to the Holiday Inn in Rochester. Granted it was twice the price but I’ve been so happy to pay double for a room.

Hopefully they’ve go their act together since then but I wouldn’t risk it.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicagoland
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Initially, the room looked pretty nice and the staff was friendly, but the bed was pretty nasty.

I got there somewhat late and ran out to get some food. The room looked nice overall, what you might expect out of a Super 8. When I got back and pulled back the covers, I realized the sheets were dirty, as in there were particles of food or something on them. This can happen (although I haven't seen it happen too much), and it might have been an innocent mistake. Since it was late I had to go down and pick up a set of sheets and change it myself. Again, this stuff occasionally might happen.

When I went to actually change them, I realized how nasty the covers were, with a huge drool (I hope it was drool) stain on the pillowcase. When I lifted the sheet, there were various hairs on the mattress pad below. One of the times I went down to mention this situation to the front desk, the woman stated something giving an indication that this might not be a rare occurance. She said something about knowing how it is or something like that.

All this said, I wasn't really upset until I asked for a discount on the room due to this and was told that I could not get one because I already received a AAA discount and they normally would knock off 10% in this situation. The clerk was helpful and suggested calling the national office. They contacted the motel and the motel sent me a coupon for $8.88 off of my next stay at this same location. After receiving this unsatisfactory solution, I called the national office, who took care of it properly, sending me a more respectable refund for part of my stay.

Basically, I do not want to speak against Super 8 as a whole, as they were very helpful, and I have stayed with them before, but this particular location was not great at all. I'm sure that it is possible to have a decent stay here and the staff was friendly, but I was really turned off by the nasty sheets and subsequent lack of refund.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stayed here because I had an early flight the next day and didn't wish to spend a lot of money. The room was average...a bit worn maybe but clean, bathroom was the same, the bed was fairly comfortable..overall no problems.
They did fail to stock shampoo but a call to the front desk took care of that quickly enough. I got my wakeup call on time as well.
The cost came in around $70 when all was said and done.....not bad at all...could've been even cheaper if the room was reserved well in advance (I have another reservation here for another flight three months from now and got the room for just over $50).

• Liked — The price of the room.
  • Disliked — Failure to stock the shampoo, had to get it from the front desk.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Handoverfist11
Vermont
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The hotel offered free internet which we were never able to use as it was such a slow speed that nothing would load. There was no remote with the TV and we had to ask for one which then had to be programmed. The free continental breakfast was totally over by 9 am so we never got to enjoy it. No shampoo provided, only soap. Definitely not worth the $90+ we had to pay for the room! Should have cost about $60.

• Liked — the location near shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — internet didn't work
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank mymadyma