“Next Time Remember to Change the Sheets”

Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Chicagoland
“Next Time Remember to Change the Sheets”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Initially, the room looked pretty nice and the staff was friendly, but the bed was pretty nasty.

I got there somewhat late and ran out to get some food. The room looked nice overall, what you might expect out of a Super 8. When I got back and pulled back the covers, I realized the sheets were dirty, as in there were particles of food or something on them. This can happen (although I haven't seen it happen too much), and it might have been an innocent mistake. Since it was late I had to go down and pick up a set of sheets and change it myself. Again, this stuff occasionally might happen.

When I went to actually change them, I realized how nasty the covers were, with a huge drool (I hope it was drool) stain on the pillowcase. When I lifted the sheet, there were various hairs on the mattress pad below. One of the times I went down to mention this situation to the front desk, the woman stated something giving an indication that this might not be a rare occurance. She said something about knowing how it is or something like that.

All this said, I wasn't really upset until I asked for a discount on the room due to this and was told that I could not get one because I already received a AAA discount and they normally would knock off 10% in this situation. The clerk was helpful and suggested calling the national office. They contacted the motel and the motel sent me a coupon for $8.88 off of my next stay at this same location. After receiving this unsatisfactory solution, I called the national office, who took care of it properly, sending me a more respectable refund for part of my stay.

Basically, I do not want to speak against Super 8 as a whole, as they were very helpful, and I have stayed with them before, but this particular location was not great at all. I'm sure that it is possible to have a decent stay here and the staff was friendly, but I was really turned off by the nasty sheets and subsequent lack of refund.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stayed here because I had an early flight the next day and didn't wish to spend a lot of money. The room was average...a bit worn maybe but clean, bathroom was the same, the bed was fairly comfortable..overall no problems.
They did fail to stock shampoo but a call to the front desk took care of that quickly enough. I got my wakeup call on time as well.
The cost came in around $70 when all was said and done.....not bad at all...could've been even cheaper if the room was reserved well in advance (I have another reservation here for another flight three months from now and got the room for just over $50).

• Liked — The price of the room.
  • Disliked — Failure to stock the shampoo, had to get it from the front desk.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank Handoverfist11
Vermont
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The hotel offered free internet which we were never able to use as it was such a slow speed that nothing would load. There was no remote with the TV and we had to ask for one which then had to be programmed. The free continental breakfast was totally over by 9 am so we never got to enjoy it. No shampoo provided, only soap. Definitely not worth the $90+ we had to pay for the room! Should have cost about $60.

• Liked — the location near shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — internet didn't work
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank mymadyma
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2006

We arrived at this Hotel in the evening and were very tired from driving most of the day. The room available was a smoking room and one of only two available. As it was late we decided to take this room even thought we are not smokers. The room was not well cleaned as there was a line of dust around the room where the vaccum did not reach. There was just a feeling of being in a room that had not recently been cleaned. The most distrubing incident was as we prepared to get in the bed there wasn't a top sheet on the bed. Also the bed was not made correctly as the bottom sheet was not tucked in and the pillow cases did not look fresh. We needed to get dressed then to go to the front desk and pick up a sheet there was no offer of anyone from house keeping coming to remake the bed. Then we had to make the bed ourselves. The thought of not having clean bedding made for a rather restless night. Again it was late and we had no option but to stay. In the morning on check out we requested compensation ( we had paid cash) but was told the manager was the only one that could authorize this and he would not be in for about an hour. As we were traveling home to Nova Scotia we could not wait until the manager arrived. This was 8:30am on July 1st. In all we were very unsatisfied with our stay and therefore would not recommend this motel to anyone. The employee at the front desk seemed symapathic but really was of no help.

• Stayed July 2006
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bradford, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I would never stay here again! I was expecting to be in Rochester for 2 nights. I chose this hotel because I thought it would be inexpensive but decent. It was indeed inexpensive, but after I saw the room, I knew why! It was very basic, no extras. Luckily, I had a room with 2 double beds because when I pulled the blankets down on the first bed it was obvious that the sheets were dirty. There were crumbs and hairs on the sheets! I tried the 2nd bed, and it appeared to have clean sheets, but the pillows were flat. The stairway to the 2nd floor was dirty with dried mud all over the steps. All night long I contemplated checking out. The next morning I had a phone call and needed to return home. When I went to the desk to check out, I was told that they couldn't refund my 2nd nights reservation because I'd paid with cash. They said they could send me a check within 2-3 days. It has now been over a week, and I haven't received my refund yet. I'll never stay here again nor recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2006
18 Thank Pam S
chicago, il
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Room accommodations-fair. Staff-Terrible!! Icemaker wasn't working. Staff was not friendly or helpful.

• Stayed July 2005
14 Thank John D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

My one-night stay was a disaster. Bedsheets had not been changed. The bed was made, but it looked like a 5-year-old did it. There was a bar of soap in the bathroom, but it had been unwrapped and used. Remote was found between the blanket and top sheet, at the bottom of the bed. One bath towel, 1 wash cloth, and 2 hand towels were inadequate for 2 people. I had booked and was confirmed for a NS room, but that was not available upon check-in. Assistant mgr. apologized and delivered 3 fresh sheets, but did not seem particularly interested in solving the problems. Printed bill upon check-out was in error by $10 (booking online was supposed to save money).
Bad experience all around. The only positive was the complimentary Sunday paper.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member