“I finally got there”

Hector Wine Company
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Hector
More attraction details
Owner description: Hector Wine Company was designed to highlight our hand crafted wines and local artists at a slower pace. Founded in 2010 and located in Hector, NY we are on the East Side of Seneca Lake. The casual environment is a great place to enjoy a variety of fine wines, local music, local art and the culinary culture of the Finger Lakes. Now also home to Forge Cellars.
elmira,ny
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“I finally got there”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm local & finally got to Hector Wine Co. I wish I hadn't taken so long - wonderful wines ! I took home a case & ran into Phil Davis there too he's a grower with a wonderful pallet so there's the best advertising for this winery !

Visited July 2013
HWCAlexandra, Manager at Hector Wine Company, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for the review! Since you are local, we hope to see you around the winery more. Cheers!

Tolland, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Cheers;”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very personable staff with very good knowledge of their products. As neophyte wine drinkers we learned a lot while tasting samples and found several to purchase. This was our first stop on a self guided tour of (10) vineyards and what we learned there was helpful throughout the journey.

Visited November 2013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst Experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This had to be worst winery we ever visited on our trip. The staff was rude, inexperienced and had absolutely no knowledge of their own wine. We paid for a wine tasting and with that you were "suppose" to get 6 samplings. However we received 2. The girl walked away and never came back?? When we asked her for our other sampling she said "oh I thought you wanted sweet red and we don't have that" So politely we asked for another option, with that said she was annoyed and brought us 2 more samples. Then we decided to leave and vowed NEVER to return!!! Beware stay away!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank RJB1011
HWCAlexandra, Manager at Hector Wine Company, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
RJB- At Hector Wine Company our tasting room staff is not only trained in how to sell and pour wine but also in how the wines are made. Every member works during harvest to know the process in and out. From that comes a more conscientious knowledge of what we are pouring. While I never like to hear about a group visiting the finger lakes having a bad experience, I feel the need to defend this bad review. Your group arrived without a reservation and refused to wait for room at the tasting bar. After receiving complaints from your group on our small selection of sweeter wines, the winery owner offered you more tastings to which your group refused.

I can always be reached for reservations or questions about our tasting room experience and wine list at adoniger@hectorwinecompany.com
Hughesville, PA
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hector Wine Co.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great wine at Hector Wine Co, make this a stop on your list. Fun taste testing and hearing how the wines are made, the farm is just across the road from the winery. Also a variety of cheeses and dips, definitely worth the stop on your wine trail visit.

Visited August 2013
Novi, Michigan
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Nice winery”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I enjoyed the wines and the staff here. Ended up with a bottle of their SOUL WHITE, which I really enjoyed.

Visited August 2013