“Didnt like”

Standing Stone Vineyards
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Hector
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic vineyards provide a stunning view from our intimate and casual tasting room. We offer delightful handcrafted wines - Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay and "Ice style" dessert wines - served with gourmet bread by our friendly and helpful staff. We are also pet friendly!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our server was old and stuffy. The wines was awful (for our taste anyway) and no stools, no gift shop. Not a place I would visit again or recomend.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't pass by Standing Stone on your Lake Seneca trip. They have some of the tastiest reds on the lakes, along with delightful ice wines. Stop by, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The ladies at SS were lovely. When they found out I worked at a winery they pulled out all the stops, literally. Their reserves were smooth and delicious especially the Cab Sav. I picked up the Chardonnay ice which is like liquid candy floss.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great setting and excellently located vineyards, the wines are solid but generally uninspiring. New owners have retained the existing winemaker, but there are signs of positive change - the new sign is spiffy while respecting the history of the winery. Great setting.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love Ice wine and with this winery they had three great ones that I took home with me. It was the First place I tasted a chardonnay ice, and fell in love with it, the staff was great and was willing to help with any questions we had.