“Good wines, great service even for non racing fans. Oh and good music!!!”
Review of Penguin Bay Winery

Penguin Bay Winery
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Hector
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll fall in love with the fun and unique wines at Penguin Bay that range from dry to semi-sweet. What is more to love is the fact that a portion of all wine proceeds go to the endangered Humboldt penguins at the Syracuse Rosamond Gifford Zoo. So stop into our tasting room and pick a favorite wine to savor while you enjoy our lake view picnic facilities.
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The host at Penguin Bay was very friendly, even though I identified myself as not being a racing fan during race week in the Glen. It was refreshing to not be listening to top 40 music while sipping some really good wines!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"winery"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went first thing in the am so it was empty which was nice. My husband did like the white wines; however I didn't find any reds that I liked. We thought it was interesting that they had Wine Slushies and wanted to try them but it was early in the day still and we had more wineries to visit. The staff person was very nice and knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Helped me find exactly what I was looking for!
Their wine was delicious and the girl was very knowledgable and friendly!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I live in this region and I know most of the wineries well. I also know how obnoxious some taster/tourists can be, and dealing with them must be exhausting. That being said, this is the saddest winery I visited. The atmosphere - and employees - are "uninspired", to say the least. It felt like the hot-spot for drunken frats and sororities to go for tastings. And to top it off, I've seen better bathrooms in interstate gas stations.
Management needs to regroup, refurbish and get it together.

1  Thank w0lfw0man2k