“Nice Place for Lunch”

Red Newt Cellars Winery & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Hector
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Red Newt Bistro is a great place to stop for lunch while in the Finger Lakes. We continue a decades long tradition of working closely with local farmers to offer fresh and delicious local fare. Quick service and simple, delicious food sourced from Finger Lakes farms is the perfect complement to a glass of wine on our deck.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stopped for lunch at Red Newt Cellars based on a recommendation from a friend. We enjoyed our lunch and my husband, who doesn't drink wine, enjoyed one of the local beers offered in the Bistro. He was able to take his beer with him to finish while I did wine tasting. The servers were very nice and accommodating. It was too cold and rainy to sit outside, but the deck looked very nice. Would stop by again when we return to the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We live locally, and had never been to this winery. But, when we traveled to the UK last month and ate at Gidleigh Park (the top restaurant in ALL of the UK, 3 Michelin stars!) we were blown away by the Somalier's selection of a wine from this little local find! Imagine our surprise when she bought out 2 wines, a white and a red for our dinner, and one was a Finger Lakes wine! So, we had to go there-if only to get some of the wine, which we LOVED. We did get the wine, along with a fabulous lunch at the bistro, on the porch overlooking the lake, with great information from the extremely knowledgeable staff. I will go back to this one for sure, and take guests there over the summer. Great little place. Not fancy, but so enjoyable.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This Winery and Restaurant was always one of our favorites in the Finger Lakes until a few years ago when we last visited. There was a bus crowd of drunks and urination on the deck - that was the end for us. This time it was much more relaxing and when I mentioned the past problems, we were told that they no longer allowed bus visits. That seems to have been the remedy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

On Wednesday night, the locals come out for their specials. We loved their cat fish - it was one of the best we've ever had. There was a New York City chef at the table next to us too and he too said - Oh my goodness, this is the best cat fish we've ever had.

Dessert was yummy.

The service was good - due to the fact it was a busy Fall Wednesday night, there was a slight (and I mean slight) delay in delivering our dessert. It was so amazing that our server apologized so nicely - made you realize how much they care about this great little restaurant in Hector.

I found this place by asking where to go on the trip advisor forums - and if it were not for that, would not have found this delightful wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The winer was yummy and the staff was friendly. Pretty views. Too early for us to eat. I hear the food is excellent and I am sad we didn't have something to eat. Finger Lakes has it going on. Must say I was not thrilled when we decided to go there to wine taste and I was SOOOO wrong!