All reviews bedroom cottage the property manager view of the lake fire pit long weekend front porch coffee maker home away from home finger lakes watkins glen dock brewery breweries lakefront vineyards ac
Reviewed May 31, 2018

This cabin was the perfect size and was so clean. I didn't realize we were staying in a brand new cabin and was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The refrigerator was a good size for a few days and the fire pits were the perfect touch. Private dock to hang out at- but bring some bug spray!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a cabin facing the lake/sunset
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Stayed in the two bedroom lakefront cottage for a long weekend in October. Very roomy cottage with two nice bedrooms, one bathroom, and open living room/kitchen. The kitchen was very well equipped with full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, oven, electric stovetop. Pots, cutlery, utensils, plates.

The cabin must be relatively new. Minimal decoration which we liked as the pine walls and ceilings are their own decoration. Heaters and a/c in living room and each bedroom. The deck overlooking the lake was covered and very nice. Note that the hill down to the lakeside is very steep. There were mostly one bedroom cabins at the top of the hill; looked like one two bedroom cabin. Then as you head down the hill there are some more cabins with lake view, and at the very bottom of the hill was the lakefront 2 bedroom cabin. I do agree the mattresses are soft, but we slept well anyway. Ample parking, fire pits (bring your own wood). One thing we did not realize (maybe in the fine print I didn’t read) was that there is no housekeeping so we ran out of bath towels and had to request more. We washed our own dishes as there was dish soap and a dish drainer. Paper towels, soaps, coffee filters, shampoo and blow dryer all provided.

There are plenty of other traveler photos that accurately show the cabins and site.

We had a very nice visit to Seneca Lake and enjoyed our cabin.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Ashley L, General Manager at Single Island Shores, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Good Afternoon Mr. H,
Thank you so much for posting a review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. & glad we were able to get you those fresh towels, as you requested. I normally stay right on-premise for the majority of the weekends that we have guests. Apologies that I didn't get to meet you in person on your weekend. We hope you consider staying with us again. Now that you've seen the fall foliage, maybe you'll come back for the spring flowers. Thank you again for choosing Single Island Shores.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I brought my parents with for a mini vaca.. we all just loved the cabins and how conveniently we were located to things. It’s very calming and the views are amazing . The only thing we didn’t care for were are beds but everything else was great.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Ashley L, General Manager at Single Island Shores, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Good Morning J.S.,
Thank you so much for this feedback. So sorry to hear you weren't comfortable on the mattresses we selected. You are honestly the first guests to comment negatively on these, as they're all brand new and came highly recommended from Seely & Beauty Rest. Please contact me directly at ashley@singleislandshores.com with specific details on your stay with us, as we always want to make any necessary improvements and ensure the satisfaction of all our guests. Thank you again.

Ashley L.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful view of the lake. Clean, modern cabin with a kitchenette and patio furniture. I like the fresh wooden, cedar-like smell as soon as you enter. Nice sitting area on the dock. Perfect location, close to many wineries.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slavica V

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our Lake Front deck. Many of our guests miss this feature, but it's my favorite place to sit and enjoy the sunsets. Please think of us again should you be back around the Finger Lakes in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful view of Seneca Lake and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The picture below is from cabin #18. The cabins are located in the center of the wine trail on the eastern side of the lake.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Ashley L, General Manager at Single Island Shores, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you so much for this review. I couldn't agree with you more about the bed! I'm purchasing the same mattress as soon as my current one wears out. Please come stay with us again.