“Fair price for good quality lodging”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hawthorne
Sayre, Pennsylvania
“Fair price for good quality lodging”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly and greeted me promptly. Check in was simple, I had booked through a travel agency site. The room was spotless and looked to be recently updated or else the hotel was quite new. The room included a frig/ microwave and coffee pot. I was delighted that our room was near the lobby and directly across from the ice machine. So convenient for disabled elderly -- which we are. Parking was easy and plentiful. There were two nice sitting chairs and I liked how the room was subtly divided into living area and bedroom area, yet all one room. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special. There was some small noise from the room next to us but nothing that really distracted from our peace and quiet. I also liked the noon check-out. We needed to go to NYC but did not want the exorbitant prices of the city hotels. This was a great compromise. I would stay here again on future trips to the city which will be a necessity for us for medical treatment.

The manager Gwen was very helpful with suggestions of how to take the train but this time we took the car into New York. She even allowed our driver to leave his car there for the day. Maintenance and housekeeping were most attentive to an issue that arose in the bathroom. The room was absolutely spotless and the furnishings were attractive and nice quality. Most of all, the price for the quality was excellent. I highly recommend this Inn -- it was the best of all Comfort Inns I have tried (and many other hotels as well.).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I often stay at Comfort Inns, this one was one of the nicest. Very clean, nice setup in the rooms, and a good value for the price, especially this close to NYC. Front desk folks were very pleasant and efficient. The only improvement I would like - I wish they would put out the coffee earlier than 7am. For early risers, or those of us who may need to be on the road very early, 7am is too late. And the 24-hour coffee in the conference area is pretty awful so that is not a good substitute for fresh morning coffee.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shutter_Lady14
NYC, NY
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I was seeking shelter from a rainstorm while driving with my 3 children (one sick, one newborn needed feeding and changing) and the ladies at the front desk could not have been nicer. They welcomed us in and let us sit in the nice lobby to feed the baby, and use their immaculately clean bathrooms. While we did not stay in a room, after seeing how clean everything was AND seeing some other kids on their way back from the pool i would certainly consider staying here if my travels took me that way again. Many thanks to the helpful staff from friday, april 4, 2014!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SmarteCookie
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wow, what a nice surprise! With Comfort Inn I expect a decent place to lay my head and an adequate breakfast, but nothing spectacular. Usually good enough for me.
Well, let me tell you this place far exceeded that expectation! The room was spacious with 2 queen beds a sitting area and a small kitchenette area. And it was immaculately clean. The towels were even nicely folded and aranged in animal and fan shapes! I usually only expect that on vacation in a resort! Beds & pillows were super comfy. My husband and I both slept great. The staff was smiling and welcoming. The hotel looks and feels new. Rooms were very well appointed. It was an overall excellent stay. Great job!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Estaca
Suffern
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Nicely appointed rooms were immaculately clean. Bed was very comfortable with two choices of pillows depending on your preference. Room was quiet. I arrived very early and was allowed to check in. Location is easy to find, just off the highway. The free breakfast was adequate, diner and Applebee's in walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again if i found myself back in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ADoerr
Cazenovia, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We arrived to the Comfort Inn around 8 PM and were greeted by Linda at the front desk. Check-in was easy, hotel amenities explained, and we were in our room in less than 10 minutes.

The room (one king bed) was huge with more than enough room--including a microwave, mini-fridge, and sink. The room was spotless, the bathroom clean, the water pressure great. My only concern was the height of the shower head as i'm on the tall side. Also, the TV in the room has over 150 channels (if that's your thing). The pool was great, the exercise room sufficient, and an overall great atmosphere.

There is an Applebee's and a diner (Executive Diner) right across the parking lot, making it easy not to have to drive anywhere to grab some food.

If we are ever in the area again we will certainly choose the Comfort Inn as our hotel!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a great breeze if you open up the windows. Get on the even numbered rooms fo...