“Japanese Hibachi - can be fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hida

Hida
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
NY
“Japanese Hibachi - can be fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good for parties - can be entertaining if you eat at the hibachi tables, but you can also eat at regular tables as well. Noisy atmosphere - so if you don't like that you won't like this. Family friendly - prices a bit high, but not unreasonable.

Lancaster, NY
“Was my favorite place as a kid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was always my favorite place to go to as a kid. Meals are always entertaining and delicious, and I always loved the Japanese gardens and fish ponds in the back. As a little girl fascinated by Japanese culture, I always felt like I was there when we got to go to eat at this restaurant.

Visited November 2011
Westchester County, NY
“So Very Disappointed!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

This restaurant used to be so unique and fun. Unfortunately it no longer is. Gasho's was a place we liked to go to for a special family occasion. The last time we were there was 7 years ago when I remember it being quite enjoyable. We went this week on a Wednesday night with a reservation for 10 for a family celebration. I'll try to make this quick and to the point:
- The restaurant is HOT, there is no air conditioning and the hibachi grills only add to the discomfort. OMG, you will die from the heat!!!
- The restaurant is dirty. Old and dirty carpeting, chairs are ripped.
- Service was horrendous. There were 6 tables filled and only 2 hibachi chefs. We had to wait over an hour (sweating) before our chef showed up.
On the positive side, the food was OK (not great). It was very salty and greasy. Only one person of our party of 10 had the runs afterwards.
The restaurant had many noisy kids running around. I know this is not the restaurant's fault, however one should know that the noise level here is uncomfortable high with shreiking children.

I will never go there again, and I would not recommend it!

• Visited May 2012
Rockland County, NY
“Nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

OK, the atmosphere is cool. The rest leaves is frankly nothing special. Could use more garlic in food.

Visited December 2011
Ridgefield, CT
“Good food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent menu and good food and service. The decor is very asian and pleasant. It is a great place for large groups because it has the space to accommodate.