“Great food”

Ocean Empire
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Haverstraw
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We just ate here on Christmas day. Food was great as usual. Prices are very reasonable and portions large. Service was slower than usual due to the crowds and wait. We are going back new years eve.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Pretty Awesome Chinese food and they can do both Authentic as well as Americanized Chinese Food.

This is my go to restaurant when I have no idea what to do for dinner.

I've also been going here for over 20 years and I still love going there.

The staff are very friendly and efficient and the food is fantastic and prices are very reasonable.

They treat me like one of the family when ever I show up with my family.

I've never had a bad meal here and no visit to the area is complete without a stop to Ocean Empire.

Start off with a soup (Hot and Sour or Seafood or WonTon) and an order of Boneless Spare Rib, then try the Roasted Garlic Chicken (or 1/2 Chicken) or the Fish (in hotpot with XO sauce or Thai Style) or the deep fried Tofu. You really should eat these dishes at the restaurant to enjoy them fully but they do also offer fantastic take out service too.

They also have a special banquet room available for parties of 50 - 90 people.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have been going here take out and eat in for over 15 years. One of the best Chinese restaurants I've experienced for value and quality combined.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant has a huge and varied menu. In addition to the usual Chinese cuisine, they offer very good Sushi. So, whether you are in a mood for egg rolls or California rolls, you won't be .disappointed. We mixed and matched cuisines. They have very good dim sum as well

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Visiting freinds in Thiells, NY we have been to Ocean Empire several times. The staff are very hospitable. The food is well prepared, ample, and fresh tasting. We will keep returning to this very congenial family freindly neighborhood restaurant.