“Need new management and a majornrenovation”

Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Beware of this hotel. They double book the ballroom and then laugh about it!
A local synagogue booked the ballroom formYom Kippor. The hotel booked a loud party for the same room. They tried to kick out the the Jewish group on the holiest day of the year.
Zero stars!

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Dean S S, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

As Front Office Manager I can assure you it is no laughing matter when one of our Groups is unhappy with their booking. We have contacted the local synagogue directly and are confident we will resolve any issues.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is not a 3 ½ star hotel! If it is a 3 ½ star hotel, my mom is the Pope! Nor is it a Sheraton anymore, I can see why. The best part of this hotel is the lobby. Don’t be fooled. I could of spent the same and stayed somewhere much nicer! Still has a lot of the Sheraton logos and name all over the hotel.

Location: Good for being just off the highway, but the area it is located in is run down and not much but offices and older industrial parks. Not the newer part of town…..

Appearance: from the outside the place looks good. Nice landscape. Parking lot needs work. Lobby is NEW. Hallways have stains on carpets through the whole building.
Counter Service: Very friendly and quick. No problem.

General Up-Keep: Poor, worn out except lobby.

Workout room: Has been updated but was missing a few items and NO TOWELS or clearly marked trash can.

Room: WORN OUT! Bed was slanted to one side. Both chairs in the room were broken. Towels had holes in them. Room was overall clean, but felt yucky…..

Overall Report: I can see why the Sheraton pulled their name off this hotel. It is another older hotel that should just be torn down and rebuilt or never be replaced. The fact that they are claiming they are 3 ½ star is a rip off to everyone. I would rate this a 1 star hotel along with a Roadway Inn. It is just matter of time before the bugs come in. I booked this room through Priceline by bidding on it for $70 and feel ripped off. I could of booked the Comfort Inn that has higher ratings for the same price. I will be giving Priceline a good slamming for selling this hotel to me as a 3 ½ star RESORT!

Good Luck!

Room Tip: Avoid this location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richard9i

Thank you for sharing your feedback for your recent stay. We are happy your experience with our front line staff was quick and friendly and that you found our location convenient. We also appreciate your sharing your comments regarding other pleasant aspects of the property as well as some areas that could use improvement. Our hotel has recently come under new ownership and we are looking into renovation plans for the future. Should your travels bring you back this way we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and suggest you contact me with any issues while on-site so we can address them immediately and ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My company booked us here for 7 nights in Aug. It was not the worst hotel but it was not the best. If I didn't look closely everything was okay. Hotel is dated, rooms where somewhat clean "looking". My lampshades where melted from someone putting the wrong wattage in them, paint issues on ceiling and bathroom and stained carpet. Staff was helpful and nice at the desk and the cafe. Hopefully with the new owners this hotel will get updated because it's in a convenient location.

1  Thank zen103
Reviewed August 21, 2013

this hotel is not run by Sheraton...and you cal tell it.
the place is a dump...very poor cleaning, and very low maintenance.
everything that I can describe about how dirty the place is, will go beyond your imagination.
the only positive comment will be on the front desk staff, very friendly people.
service in general is not very good.

try to avoid this hotel...there are much much better choices in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is definitely NOT up to Sheraton standards. The room was a good size however there were huge stains on the carpet, spiderwebs in the room and moth holes in the curtains. The room was in desperate need of a paint job. The entire hotel had a mildew/moldy smell that was inescapable. The bathroom had chipped tiles and grout and the shower curtain had mildew on it. I think it was clean but it was hard to tell what was a stain and what was just dirty. I kept shoes on the entire time I was in the room and left the hotel without taking a shower...YUCK!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...DO NOT STAY HERE!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 4 ish in the afternoon hoping to relax in a comfortable room. Was I wrong. The carpeting in the hotel was filthy. The fabric on the chairs in the lobby was dirty and torn. That should have been my first clue. I went to the room and it was disgusting. The carpet was stained and sticky and their were cobwebs in the corners of the walls. I went back to the lobby and complained and requested that housekeeping clean the room and was told that they had left for the day! I asked to speak to the hotel manager and got the same answer, he's gone for the day! I finally was able to get a young kid who worked as the hotel porter to go clean the room again for me.
Although the staff was friendly, they were woefully under trained. The young woman that checked me in didn't seem to know how to do anything. I did try to get another hotel in the area, but all hotels were booked.I was stuck. i barley slept because of the mold on the walls!! In fact, I asked the young woman to call other hotels for me, but she didn't even know how to make the call.
Please do yourself a favor and do not waste your time and money by booking at this hotel.
I also discovered that Sheraton no longer ownes the hotel and it was sold to a Chinese group

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times over the coarse of 3 years as my company is headquartered here. This has got to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. I checked in on Monday and did not receive my king bed as was reserved and settled for two twins. Room was ok but later that evening I went to take a shower....guess what no hot water. I called the front desk who promised to send someone up. Well I waited for 20 minutes + and no one came. I had a important dinner function and had limited time so waiting another 20 was not an option. So, I called the front desk and asked to be changed to a new room. He said he would call me right hack. Well 20 minutes later no call back so I decided to pack all my stuff up and head down to the reception. I assumed that they must be busy as it was around 6pm now which in most cases, people would be checking in. I get down there and the gentleman at the front desk was standing there doing absolutely nothing other than watching the TV. I told him who I was and I wanted a new room and he stated that he was working on it. I said really? I told him that over the course of 3 or 4 stays that this hotel has disappointed me in all cases. Once they lost my luggage. Right? How is that possible? Another time I discovered a tampon in my garbage....nice.

I was provided a new room with an excellent view of the roof top and obviously one of the crap rooms they all know about internally. I guess I upset the front desk clerk so he figured he would fix me. This bugs the crap out of that front desk clerks have the authority to put you in one of the hotels sub standard rooms and they know it. Anyway, I'm laying in my bed watching TV around 10:00 when I hear someone snoaring. It was so obnoxious that I had to listen to the people above me use their restroom. The walls of this Sheraton are very thin. In addition to all the above and if I haven't convinced you yet not to stay there, the rooms are all sub-par including the suites. The suite I stayed in prior here was worse that the regular room I have now.

Evidently the fine owners of this establishment think they can pull the wool over your eyes by only renovating the lobby making you think that this will be a great experience. Well it's not! Stay at the Hyatt which is in my opinion at least 4 stars better than this place.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
1  Thank IMenutogo T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia

Been to Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island? Share your experiences!