“run away...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Santiago, Chile
“run away...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

this hotel is not run by Sheraton...and you cal tell it.
the place is a dump...very poor cleaning, and very low maintenance.
everything that I can describe about how dirty the place is, will go beyond your imagination.
the only positive comment will be on the front desk staff, very friendly people.
service in general is not very good.

try to avoid this hotel...there are much much better choices in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is definitely NOT up to Sheraton standards. The room was a good size however there were huge stains on the carpet, spiderwebs in the room and moth holes in the curtains. The room was in desperate need of a paint job. The entire hotel had a mildew/moldy smell that was inescapable. The bathroom had chipped tiles and grout and the shower curtain had mildew on it. I think it was clean but it was hard to tell what was a stain and what was just dirty. I kept shoes on the entire time I was in the room and left the hotel without taking a shower...YUCK!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...DO NOT STAY HERE!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Hauppauge hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 4 ish in the afternoon hoping to relax in a comfortable room. Was I wrong. The carpeting in the hotel was filthy. The fabric on the chairs in the lobby was dirty and torn. That should have been my first clue. I went to the room and it was disgusting. The carpet was stained and sticky and their were cobwebs in the corners of the walls. I went back to the lobby and complained and requested that housekeeping clean the room and was told that they had left for the day! I asked to speak to the hotel manager and got the same answer, he's gone for the day! I finally was able to get a young kid who worked as the hotel porter to go clean the room again for me.
Although the staff was friendly, they were woefully under trained. The young woman that checked me in didn't seem to know how to do anything. I did try to get another hotel in the area, but all hotels were booked.I was stuck. i barley slept because of the mold on the walls!! In fact, I asked the young woman to call other hotels for me, but she didn't even know how to make the call.
Please do yourself a favor and do not waste your time and money by booking at this hotel.
I also discovered that Sheraton no longer ownes the hotel and it was sold to a Chinese group

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hauppauge, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times over the coarse of 3 years as my company is headquartered here. This has got to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. I checked in on Monday and did not receive my king bed as was reserved and settled for two twins. Room was ok but later that evening I went to take a shower....guess what no hot water. I called the front desk who promised to send someone up. Well I waited for 20 minutes + and no one came. I had a important dinner function and had limited time so waiting another 20 was not an option. So, I called the front desk and asked to be changed to a new room. He said he would call me right hack. Well 20 minutes later no call back so I decided to pack all my stuff up and head down to the reception. I assumed that they must be busy as it was around 6pm now which in most cases, people would be checking in. I get down there and the gentleman at the front desk was standing there doing absolutely nothing other than watching the TV. I told him who I was and I wanted a new room and he stated that he was working on it. I said really? I told him that over the course of 3 or 4 stays that this hotel has disappointed me in all cases. Once they lost my luggage. Right? How is that possible? Another time I discovered a tampon in my garbage....nice.

I was provided a new room with an excellent view of the roof top and obviously one of the crap rooms they all know about internally. I guess I upset the front desk clerk so he figured he would fix me. This bugs the crap out of that front desk clerks have the authority to put you in one of the hotels sub standard rooms and they know it. Anyway, I'm laying in my bed watching TV around 10:00 when I hear someone snoaring. It was so obnoxious that I had to listen to the people above me use their restroom. The walls of this Sheraton are very thin. In addition to all the above and if I haven't convinced you yet not to stay there, the rooms are all sub-par including the suites. The suite I stayed in prior here was worse that the regular room I have now.

Evidently the fine owners of this establishment think they can pull the wool over your eyes by only renovating the lobby making you think that this will be a great experience. Well it's not! Stay at the Hyatt which is in my opinion at least 4 stars better than this place.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IMenutogo T
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I arrived off an intercontinental flight mans was set to drop into bed when I realised the sheets were dirty - the bed had been pulled straight and neat but not changed from the last guest. Lots of apologies and " this has never happened before" comments, but I won't be going back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Farmingdale, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room that I booked was advertised on the Hotel's website as being equipped with a refrigerator. There was no refrigerator in the room. The air conditioning register was laced with black mold. When I was at the swimming pool, the pool deck had pools of stagnant water where green algae was growing. The sundeck was filthy and poorly maintained. I surveyed the "breakfast buffet" and compared to comparable "breakfast buffets" in other hotels where I have stayed, I found that the selections were "limited" beyond comparison. I do not intend to stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel in this area. rooms that face the parking lot will be quiter than rooms that face...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Islandia Marriott Long Island

Been to Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island? Share your experiences!