“Amazing hospitality & hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Long Island

Hyatt Regency Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
“Amazing hospitality & hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Long Island for two nights. The first was on May 3rd the night before my wedding and May 4th my wedding night. I have to say it was one of the most amazing hotels I have been to. It started with my check-in on Saturday May 3rd. I was exhausted from running around and the check-in was so effortless. Michael Huber is an asset to the Hyatt Regency Long Island. His professionalism, mannerisms, kindness, and sincerity are stellar. He should be conducting classes on what hospitality and customer service are about! I actually started tearing up when he helped me. He asked if I had eaten dinner (which I had not because I was running errands for the wedding all day and it was now 10:30 pm when I was checking in). He said, "Well let me offer you a complimentary dinner and I am going to replenish your empty water bottle." Just his way of speaking to me and treating me did not seem forced. I was overcome with his kindness. From that moment, I knew that my stay would be amazing. The room was amazing, from the beautiful bathroom to marshmallow bed. The food at the lounge/restaurant was delicious. I had a beautiful salad with mixed beans and salmon (it's not on the menu but the manager was more than willing to accommodate my specific dietary needs). Many of the family and friends stayed at this hotel for our wedding weekend and they could not stop raving about it! I would definitely recommend this beautiful and well-appointed hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
NYPRINC3SS-

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words and we are truly thrilled that you had such an amazing stay. Michael is definitely an asset to our team and we will be sure to recognize him for making such a positive impact on your most recent visit. I am happy that we were able to make your time with us very memorable. We hope to have you back again very soon!

Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

While the Hyatt Regency is a big name in the hotel world, the Hyatt Long Island in Hauppauge, NY has warm hearted people throughout to make your stay a home away from home.

I arrived only to find that I had lost my wallet on the flight. Sasha at Reception was immediately empathetic and offering to help -- even calling her good friend who worked at JFK to see if he could offer suggestions! She then arranged dinner and breakfast vouchers for me!

Ammai and Michelle at the cafe were also warm and wonderful! The food at both dinner and breakfast was well-prepared and good variety. One business traveler couldn't book at the hotel but made a point to share he had come anyway for the food! There is also a lively bar scene (given frequent conferences), yet big enough that one can sit removed to watch TVs, read or even have a working dinner if desired.

The size and cleanliness of the rooms, along with the sleek furnishings and quality linens make for a restful sleep. I was pleasantly surprised with the sweeping views overlooking the green expanse of the island and neighboring golf course. Free wifi is also available, as is pool and workout facility.

I look forward to returning to this Hyatt and highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Activechica-

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am so sorry to hear you left your wallet on your flight, but it is great to see Sasha jumped in to assist you. Our team is always going above and beyond! We will certainly recognize Sasha for all of her efforts, as well as Ommey and Michelle for making your experience in the restaurant so positive. Overall, it is so wonderful to see you had such great service and are looking forward to returning. We would love to have you back and look forward to your next visit.

West Babylon, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I just did a site inspection at this hotel for possible use in the future for an organization's event. The staff was very warm and welcoming. The property was very attractive, well appointed and very clean both on the outside and the inside. The newly renovated spaces were well done and appealing. There is a sense of calm and relaxation. I did feel that the guest rooms were small and not spacious feeling. They had very small closets and no dresser draw space. There were only 3 very small drawers in every style room that I was shown. The ballroom is located on the lower level and the breakout rooms were on another. Not the best layout! The restaurant is just off the lobby. It is small but nicely appointed. I had a mini food tasting. The food I sampled was delicious and very artistically prepared.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Megah118-

Thank you so much for leaving us with such a great review. Many thanks for the compliments about our staff, our team definitely works hard to ensure that our Guests are receiving the best service in the industry. I will be sure to share the positive feedback you have left about the mini food tasting with the culinary department as well. I certainly appreciate the comments you have left for us and we would love to have you back again in the future!

Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Im really impressed and thrilled I chose this hotel while visiting Long island, It was priced slightly higher than some of the competitor, but as soon as I drove into the lot, I knew I had made a good choice. The staff in the lobby were very friendly including the Front Desk Office Manager Jessica. She was very courteous, friendly and didnt hesitate a second to offer a coupon for dinner and free wifi password. Already a netter deal than the competitors. Before I booked what sealed the deal for me was compared to all the other hotels this one seemed to be the most modern with a nice social ambiance in a bar and restaurant scene. I scanned the menu, and the steak caught my fancy. Sure enough when I went down for dinner, John ( I think that was his name, stocky gent with shaved head) highly recommended the Sirloin Steak. Everything falling into place. I had the Steak, and my partner had the swordfish special. Food was really tresLicious. Really really happy I made the right choice and choice Hyatt. Regency Long Island. Thanks Jesicca for setting the mood for the weekend.

Room Tip: This hotel was approx $40 more than some of the competitors such as Hilton, and Holiday Inn, however...