“Chef Left - Just a bar and finger food place called Barringtons now”
Review of The Wobbly Olive - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Went the other night with the spouse and got a pit in our stomach as we saw the sign changed from Wobbly Olive to Barrington's. Sure enough the chef that made this place special is gone as well. The menu was bar food menu now so we left and hit "the Grill Room" next door, which was pretty good. If anyone knows where Chef Desmond went, please message me and let me know since the folks at Wobbly/Barringtons weren't much help.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

The chef has made some new twists on some simple foods. we all tried each others food and all enjoyed the different meals. Very reasonably priced and comfy. The bar was very nice, but then you can go into the back where there is more a restaurant atmosphere. Very nice.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was working late and my wife was visiting her mother. Wanted to bring home dinner and really hate fast food places. I was told by a colleague they had great food. When first walking in I wasn't impressed, however the service was cordial and after 20 minutes and one happy hour glass of wine I was given my dinners in double styrofoam and plastic wrap for the long 50 minute journey home. I had ordered one special, pork belly on polenta in a black raspberry sauce, and the Salmon in phyllo pastry from the menu. My wife came home late and we ate after reheating. It was truly amazing how the food was still alive with texture and taste. She talked about the food for days. This place is a gem in a strip food court. It's a must try place.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This restaurant just opened in like May or June of 2011. It looks like your average hole in the wall from the outside, but the food is incredible. The portions are generous, the short ribs melt in your mouth and the desserts are outstanding. It looks like they are geared toward the lunch crowd, being in a commercial area, but go for dinner with an empty stomach and you will be full for a day!

1  Thank rs11942
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Working in the Hauppauge area I've been to most restaurants in the area more times than I'd like to even think about! Pomodorino has always impressed me with great food, good service at more than affordable prices. Just recently visited their new location on Adams Avenue (they moved from Motor Pkwy) and the atmosphere has improved dramatically. It's huge inside yet cozy. It's very modern with an old world feel. Great big bar area that has drawn us back for Happy Hour a few times already. They have a party room that our waiter was nice enough to give us a little tour of. Some of my favorite things: Self serve wine at your table that you pay for how much you consume, their paninis, eggplant parm, pizzas, Tuscan Sunset Martinis, Tre Terre- a combo of chicken paillard, baby lamb chops & portabello mushroom cap & the atmosphere. Things I don't like- Going on a busy day for lunch and having to wait for a table, otherwise highly reccomended!