“What's for Dinner?”

Cuisines: Pizza
Oakdale, NY
“What's for Dinner?”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

No need to cook on Sunday or Monday because Mama Angelina's Restaurant in Happauge gives you a 3 Course Meal for only $9.95 which includes Coffee and Dessert. The menu is extensive and the food is delicious. Last October our friends asked us to join them for Sunday dinner. What a find right here on Vets Hwy near the Waldbaums in Hauppauge. Since that first visit, we have returned over and over again. Clean, pleasant decor, Italian background music and a staff of servers that are terrific. This is a restaurant that is family owned and run with a sincere interest in their customers' return. Be sure and add Angelina's to your list this winter of places to visit for a good meal at reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2013

Holbrook, New York
“Catered our Sweet Sixteen”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We don't normally cater events but health issues caused me to take that route. Hands down the best experience ever! We had 50 teens and adults at an outside tent event. I kinda held out till the last minute to secure the caterer (I really wanted to do it myself) and only really gave them a week to accomodate. The food came on time and hot with a wonderful server. They were very generous with the sides. Everything was very tasty and was met with high praise from all the guests (whew). I had just enough left over to hand out a few doggie bags, which they were very eager to take. The server cleaned up, it was wonderful. I never had their pizza but everything else on the menu was awesome. I look forward to entertaining more now that I have a reasonable and reliable ally.

• Visited May 2012
New York
“Good pizza. But....”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

been going here about 2 times a week for a few months. the pizza is delicious and the atmotsphere is nice and clean. the owner is not the friendliest of people but it never got to me until today. usually i bring a can of soda or bottle of water to have with my chicken parm slice. today he yelled across the counter "excuse me, you cant bring drinks from outside". i understand that he wants me to buy drinks from him but a small fountain drink costs about 2 bucks. besides the fact that i just paid 5.50 for a chicken parm slice and an extra 1.00 for a side of sauce. it bothered me that i had to pay an extra buck for a side of sauce but i let it go. but now i cant even bring my own water. no thank you. i will be going to another pizza place
from now on. times are rough and people are trying to be more economical. pshhhh

Visited August 2011
1 Thank darkenedbutterfly
Long Island, NY
“Good Pizza with Table Service Thrown In”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Mama Angelina's is some of the best pizza around. Really nicely-spiced Grandma Pizza, good, creative assortments of toppings during the lunchtime rush, like shrimp scampi, sausage and pepper, or chicken marsala, and the salad slice is a big hit. Their prices are rather high for pizza.

Like many local pizza joints lately, Mama Angelina's has ventured into the full-service restaurant category. They offer a special Chicken Night once a week, as well as a Pasta Night, with good value on their prix fixe meal that makes it an inexpensive family night out. But it still feels like a pizzeria and not like a sit-down place.

• Visited May 2011