“A gem tucked away in an industrial park.”
Review of Butterfields

Butterfields
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Hauppauge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bay Shore, New York
“A gem tucked away in an industrial park.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My first time at Butterfields last night, for a retirement party. The exterior is at the end of a strip of buildings that look like what they are; factory/repair/manufacturing, etc. businesses. Inside, however, is a large, handsome room with a superb bar and ample room for eating. The bar is well stocked and the bar service is first rate. It was a bit loud, most of which came from our party, which occupied 3 long tables toward the back. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and even cheerful. Our meals were from the Price Fixe menu. Everything was well presented and very tasty. I heard not one complaint about anything served. I have driven past Butterfields hundreds of times when I worked in the area. I will make a point to visit more often, and I am comfortable recommending that you do the same.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PMcG801

Hauppauge, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Looking for a place to go for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner then this is the place to go. Besides dinner we have used this restaurant for catering and have not been disappointed. If you go try the mussels and don's skip dessert. They also have music on the weekends.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank janice k
Huntington, New York
“good, solid food”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ate dinner here recently with a large group of friends. The food was good--"solid" as DH would say--and our waitress was great, handling a large table of women. Not a fault of the restaurant, but we would have preferred a round table--it was very hard to talk to everyone at a long table. There was also a disco band playing, not my choice of music, and it was so loud we really couldn't hear each other very well. My squash soup was very good, as well as the lamb entree. My cocktail was very good but I didn't like the toasted coconut on the rim of the glass--the little pieces just kept falling off all over the place.

There is a dance floor and I would love to return here with DH for dinner and dancing if they have a band playing music we prefer.

• Visited March 2014
Long Island, New York
“Great Bar”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been here several times for office parties. The bar is fantastic for happy hour, etc. Wide variety of drinks, beer, wine...

• Visited April 2014
Hauppauge, New York
“Consistantly Great”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I always look forward to eating at Butterfields. The food is great. The wait staff attentive. Very nice atmosphere. I've eaten here many times and will continue to do so.

• Visited January 2014