“THANK YOU FOR A GREAT NIGHT”
Review of Butterfields

Butterfields
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Hauppauge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“THANK YOU FOR A GREAT NIGHT”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I very rarely go out on New Years Eve. This was an exception after a lot of pressure from my wife. A nice dinner and an expensive bottle of wine is usually my standard fare. I agreed and went. My wife put together a group of about 30 close friends. The result was the best New Years Eve I have ever had. I didn't drink because I was the DD and I was a little stressed with the whole idea. The music played to the crowd, I danced more than I ever had (I usually avoid the dance floor), the food was good and they didn't pack us in like sardines. I don't really know how good this restaurant is on an ordinary night but they were extraordinary for this night. They have earned loyalty from someone that dines out nearly every night so I just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR A GREAT, FUN AND ROMANTIC evening with my wife and our friends.

• Visited January 2014

“Good Time”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Food was great and price wasn't bad. Great place to go for Lunch or dinner. Great bar and very friendly!

• Visited November 2013
Holbrook, New York
“Butterfields”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you look up mediocre in the dictionary you'll find Butterfields under the definition. There was one other patron in the restaurant while we were there (I wonder why ?). They can accomodate at least one hundred people. The wait staff was very good. That's it. All else was below average.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jerry G
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not so good”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went in for early dinner at 4pm with my wife and son. We were the only ones in the dining room. The hamburgers came out about 15 minutes after ordering which seems long to me. The medium was red inside and not entirely cooked. My wife sent hers back to be cooked more and it took close to 10 minutes. Since we were in a hurry she boxed it up.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bob O
NYC
“Just 'Ok' neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went here recently for a large family party. The service was excellent; they had many extra hands on deck for the occasion which was great. Tables were a little close together tho. App of penne vodka was very good. The salad they served was good too; everything fresh. I ordered the steak and the waiter said we only serve it medium or well to which I replied...Why? I wanted med-well and he agreed to "ask" the chef. Well, the chef agreed but it came out well done anyway and a little dry - I believe it was marinated in terriayki sauce and pre-cooked - also tasty - then heated when served. This is unacceptable. Also, there was a large area in the back of the restaurant where the mgt allowed all children from the party to run amok, very, very loud (certainly unacceptable for ALL diners there), tumbling to the floor, etc. Even tho some of the blame shb on the parents, I do believe the mgt sh asked the party-givers to reign in the unsupervised children.

• Visited April 2013